+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Middlesbrough(away)predictions

Middlesbrough(away)predictions

And now the problems start.
    3-1 loss

Borough 1 Rovers 2
    Rovers to bounce straight back.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Borough 1 Rovers 2
    Rovers to bounce straight back.
    0-1 but god knows how or why, we are crap. Really crap. Going backwards since Mowbray left. No one person to blame it all on now.

Maybe a touch of sarcasm there champs.
    Problem is its really strange how 2 different rovers teams can play on the same week.
    The heroes of 1 win can be the villains of a loss straight after.
    Now I am no expert but no matter how much of a crap championship team we are,I am just baffled how these set of professional players can put 2 different performances literally in the same week.
    Anybody can have a bad day at the office but these lads are raising their game to follow it with a god awful display.
    I am struggling to understand to why?
    JDT doesn't seem to have an answer either.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Maybe a touch of sarcasm there champs.
    Problem is its really strange how 2 different rovers teams can play on the same week.
    The heroes of 1 win can be the villains of a loss straight after.
    Now I am no expert but no matter how much of a crap championship team we are,I am just baffled how these set of professional players can put 2 different performances literally in the same week.
    Anybody can have a bad day at the office but these lads are raising their game to follow it with a god awful display.
    I am struggling to understand to why?
    JDT doesn't seem to have an answer either.
    Serious question. I'll use Sam Gallagher as a good example. People have a go at him. But he puts in a huge shift every time he plays. He is fine. I get that he isn't a great player. Anyone expecting him to score 20 goals will be disappointed. That is simply not his game. It never has been. We didn't buy him to do that. But what he is, is effective in a mobile, fluid front 3.
    If you where SG and you played on Sat in a good win, and played well, how would you feel 3 days later being taken out of the side? Would you feel like running through a brick wall for this bloke who is managing us? I know I wouldn't. I would think, fk this. I will pick my money up, and put in minimum effort. As even if I play well, do what I was asked to do, then get dropped for a fkng loan player like Hirst. Who is absolutely awful.
    If he keeps changing a side that has just won, then it will create this. A bunch of confused players getting mixed signals and changing formations and players every other game.
    I would join these lads in what they are doing, simply going through the motions. Most look completely unsettled and confused as to what they are meant to be doing. Its a shambles.
    I'm done now, I can't sit and watch Pickering try and fail to play football. I'm 46, I have no time to sit wasting Tues nights watching stuff like that on Sky. I enjoy football, just not having to endure Championship football and having to watch us.
    I don't care what we do on Sat vrs Boro, as we all know if we win we are 100% losing the next game.
    But I feel like we are now at a cross-roads. If we stop winning every other game, we will drop like a stone. I can't see us carrying on WLWLW for much longer, and I feel we are much closer to 'not' winning every other game, than we are to stopping losing every other game. I can absolutely see us carrying on losing games, I just don't see the wins carrying on.

Since this guy arrived, we have lost Buckley as a good player for us. we have lost Gallagher aswell. Brereton simply isn't doing it. We made a big mistake no getting rid of him when we had the chance. Now we are stick with a player who is sulking, and we won't get much for him now if he does leave. But he isn't performing.
    The likes of Hedges, Szmodics, Hirst, Pickering are not going to improve us. They are ok, nothing more or less.
    I hate seeing Dack finished like this. I always felt we would never see the same player again. But to give that lad 9 mins at Wigan after seeing the likes of Szmodics unable to control a simple ball and lay it off, was actually quite insulting. JDT was a striker ffs, so he should know.

Nah, this is awful, and I hate it when we are on TV. I don't want to watch that crap anymore. Even on a good day, as you know 3 days later we going to throw on a truly disgraceful performance.

Thats the thing I just cannot get.
    I am baffled at why he would change a worker like Gallagher for someone who doesn't look confident at all.
    Something isn't right at all.
    Every team(city aside)goes through a rough spell but I have never witnessed a team so up and down as our side.
    To put in 2 completely different displays within days and to do that each and every week,is embarrassing to say the least.
    Even good old sky is laughing at our expense.
    "Blackburn is just like a yo yo"
    I know I got shot down a bit but look at what has been brought into the club to improve us,it just hasn't really.
    I felt this club had a bottling mentality for quite a while and now its got to the point of bottling the chance for 2 wins on the spin.
    Things will take a turn on Saturday for the worse and then JDT will have to change things tactically.
    Mowbray was a stubborn mule and it would appear we have another in JDT.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Thats the thing I just cannot get.
    I am baffled at why he would change a worker like Gallagher for someone who doesn't look confident at all.
    Something isn't right at all.
    Every team(city aside)goes through a rough spell but I have never witnessed a team so up and down as our side.
    To put in 2 completely different displays within days and to do that each and every week,is embarrassing to say the least.
    Even good old sky is laughing at our expense.
    "Blackburn is just like a yo yo"
    I know I got shot down a bit but look at what has been brought into the club to improve us,it just hasn't really.
    I felt this club had a bottling mentality for quite a while and now its got to the point of bottling the chance for 2 wins on the spin.
    Things will take a turn on Saturday for the worse and then JDT will have to change things tactically.
    Mowbray was a stubborn mule and it would appear we have another in JDT.
    I agree, I don't see a massive amount of quality that has come in. I don't mind Brittain, and I think Hyam is decent enough. I think Morton is a good player, but much better than our own Wharton? I am unsure. He cost us 3 points the other night. What they are, are Championship signings. Maybe we are both being harsh? Maybe some will come come good, who knows. I don't like the look of Hirst. And for me that's a double disaster. As we end up killing and destroying Gallagher in favour of playing an ineffective kid. But another clubs player aswell. So in no way do we benefit.
    JDT, I guess he is trying lots of new things. I dont really agree he's stuck in his ways like Mowbray. If anything, he is trying too much too soon. I'd be keeping it much simpler. Pick a formation, stick by it. But then, we tried that under Mowbray, and ultimately it didn't work successfully.
    I do think most of this just simply boils down to us not being good enough. Which I can accept, and its that old ... its the hope that kills you as a fan. What do we expect? Me? I expected too much, so I will lower that expectation, as its unhelpful.
    I can handle a manager who tries things. If they dont work, the fine, at least you tried.
    I can see us playing some nice football. I can see what we are trying to do, but just don't have the final ball quality, or any decisiveness in our game. Of course that was just a one season wonder from Brereton, and I am starting to think we should have cashed in. You feel if some of this clicks, if somehow he found form again and we found a way of making him look effective, then we will go on. But I just feel a bit confused why its not clicking.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)