+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Var

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    A not so fun fact heard on the beeb last night if i remember it right. 67 games pre VAR and 17 penalties given. Since VAR, 24 games and 18 penalties!

As much as i hate to say it, the Jota offside was farcical with the decision made from the furthest corner possible. Excuse was the on spot camera man didnt catch it, but a fine shot appears on the beeb later. Thought VAR had access to the tv feeds as well?

However, karma is a bitch!

BUT! If that kind of pish is not sorted out, its the kind of decision that could relegate a team no matter how well they are trying to fight against it!
    There are no on spot cameramen. The cameras are on fixed points within the stadium, so I've no idea how they didn't capture the footage. There must've been a technology f*ck up that they aren't telling us. Again, sums up Scottish football.

The penalties stat isn't surprising with the way the handball ruling has changed. Almost every single handball is now a penalty, and with VAR, none are being missed.

On another note. Glad to see Heggie has got a new joab
    Name:  Heggy.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  17.9 KB

Only being used at 3 Scottish Cup ties this weekend.The other teams have opted out due to the cost involved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64326632

To be honest, I prefer a match without it. It kills the momentum, everything taking too long. Officials (ahem) trying to remember rule changes etc......... Nah... I'd happily go back to the auld weh and accept (grudgingly) that some refs dinnae quite like us.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Only being used at 3 Scottish Cup ties this weekend.The other teams have opted out due to the cost involved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64326632
    imagine the seethe on here when a decision goes against us...

VAR at Celtic park of course and a ludicrous penalty awarded to the home side of course.That is an FN disgrace,how anyone can be penalised for that handball is beyond me.Morton were well on top but its probably game over already as they conceded again right after it.

Celtic have kicked up phuck about some var decisions that have went against them with some justification to be fair,their manager stated that they will not be evened up by the end of the season.The officials are doing their best though as they are awarded var decisions in their favour 2 weeks in a row.

I always said that var would do nothing for the diddy teams in the long run and i stand by that,we probably could have signed at least 1 player if we and others voted against paying for it.Turkeys voting for Christmas very much springs to mind.

Why is this game on the BBC anyway, several far better choices elsewhere in Scotland.

Old Feking Firm cheating and bias. Its been this way my entire 45 years + following United.

Scottish Football is phuked . Officials , SPFL, TV , Weegie media. Its pathetic.

Live report online EBC comment is poignant regarding Kevin Clancy's penalty decision.

BRUTAL.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Why is this game on the BBC anyway, several far better choices elsewhere in Scotland.
    Phuck know's mate but i have switched it aff now anyway,it looked an interesting game till var ruined it,FACT.

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)