+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Var

Was always going to be like this. It's the same amateur referees after all.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Was always going to be like this. It's the same amateur referees after all.
    you spelt hun wrong

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Leanne Crichton says that if Clark's is a red then Jack's has to be a red too as he is totally out of control.

As i always predicted VAR in Scotland.

When a diddy team player makes a bad tackle its a red.

When one of the Kings 11 does the same a yellow will suffice,FACT.
    Likewise, I knew VAR would bring no advantage to most of us in the league, but never expected so many inconsistencies with decisions!

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Likewise, I knew VAR would bring no advantage to most of us in the league, but never expected so many inconsistencies with decisions!
    Have just seen both incidents on Twitter, jeezo…Clark’s wasn’t even a booking imo, just a simple foul (he gets the ball, slips, but hardly any endangerment to the opponent), BUT as for Jack’s, it was a clear red card, he wasn’t even close to the ball, slides in at pace and makes direct contact with the players left peg.
    Honestly, I despair with this nonsense!!

Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 28-01-2023 at 06:10 PM.

Clark's is an absolute joke. F*ck me. What is he supposed to do???

Jack's is a potential ankle breaker. I can see why it's not given as a red though.

EDIT: on further inspection, red all day long. Collums a sh*tebag.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 28-01-2023 at 06:53 PM.

Still, the Jack tackle wasnae as bad as this. Also not a red.

Name:  Screenshot_20230128_185655.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  63.0 KB

St. Johnstone win Nicky Clark appeal.

See that's a very poor reflection on the standard of referees in this country, same as Watt with us when he was sent off.

Something needs done. I think we need to make them full time professionals. How will this help? They can spend a lot of time training and reviewing incidents each week. Surely that will make them better? As I understand it, at the moment they are amateurs and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    St. Johnstone win Nicky Clark appeal.
    Has Jack been handed a red for his challenge?

The Rangers awarded another VAR penalty with the pundits unanimous that it was not a clear and obvious error by the on field ref therefore no penalty.The league table for plus/minus pens this season has this country's establishment club way out in front on +7 and their wee mini HUN cousins in Edinburgh on +4.

We are on 0 and Celtic are on -2.The way things are going with Foxy and Tony means we should not have to worry about VAR for a few years though.

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)