+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Var

https://twitter.com/Zeshankenzo/stat...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

The Rangers yet to concede a penalty.

I see Neil McCann thinks Stevie May's challenge was brilliant despite him going right through the keeper in his follow up. I'm utterly confused about what's a foul and what isn't these days. I really am at the brink of giving up on Scottish football altogether, it's an absolute farce!

VAR is an entire joke, but Mays challenge was good and i just wish some united players (actually all of them) played with the passion and ability he shows.

Maybe players being so shyte again is another protest to remove a manager.....

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    VAR is an entire joke, but Mays challenge was good and i just wish some united players (actually all of them) played with the passion and ability he shows.

Maybe players being so shyte again is another protest to remove a manager.....
    May’s challenge might have been good, but as said in another thread, anywhere else on the park, he would or should have been carded as was Edwards. Damned if you do damned if you don’t! But agree there needs to be more commitment

It would have been brilliant but also ridiculous for that goal to have been chopped off. Wouldn't put it past VAR though.

Shirt pull on Fletcher who had a chance to win a header (still not enough for a penalty for me) vs the Sevco penalty for Morelos, who had no hope of winning the ball, is an interesting comparison from the weekend. VAR is widening inconsistencies rather than reducing them.

Killie also raging about Vassell's red card. No way that will get overturned, if it does just another nonsense after Edwards appeal thrown out. He is a big loss for Killie for a few games

VAR is only as unbiased and good as the referees that run it. Unfortunately all ours are amateur and terrible and all that VAR is doing if showing that up on a weekly basis.

I said many years ago and still maintain that refs in all the top leagues of each Uefa country should be foreign.

An extra 25p per entry would pay for it easily and give both less bias and experience of foreign refereeing for european games.

The Rangers awarded a penalty in the first half today by VAR intervention after the ref had allowed play to carry on.In the 2nd half Alan McGregor wipes out a Killie player in the box,no penalty and NO VAR intervention.Both pundits watching it were amazed VAR never even bothered checking it and both said it was a clear foul in the box.

The Rangers are still to concede a penalty in the league this season after 26.5 games.

And last night a Aberdeen defender should have been red carded at the penatly. The entire system including the refs is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    And last night a Aberdeen defender should have been red carded at the penatly. The entire system including the refs is a joke.
    For the foul? Nah.

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)