+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Var

So we all agree VAR is schecht. Entirely and overall can be run and abuse to suit a narrative.

Now imagine the fun your going to have with 15 minute cities, increased surveillance etc etc. You were warned.

I don't think it's ****e. It's actually proving very useful at showing up our amateur referees for what that are. This is the fundamental issue that needs sorted out. I don't really see the issue with the technology itself.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I don't think it's ****e. It's actually proving very useful at showing up our amateur referees for what that are. This is the fundamental issue that needs sorted out. I don't really see the issue with the technology itself.
    And there lies a big issue as to where we get a whole heap of new referees from when the top bunch are invited to become professional? I dont have all the info, but im sure some of the top refs have quite well paying first jobs, and seriously doubt a certain rat, one Mr D. Ross of Moray will give up any of his current revenue streams to run the line as a professional ref!

We promote those that want to do it. It's not like they could be any worse is it?

The VAR official for SAturday is Mike Rocone. The same VAR guy who was watching the screens for Considine’s handball against Killie. So much for making a mistake.

Another shocker yesterday in the Saints vs Hibs game. An incredible decison, with wee rat boy Craig Napier at the centre of it - he who gave St. Mirren the penalty at Tannadice. He really is a truly awful referee. Worth a watch if anyone hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Another shocker yesterday in the Saints vs Hibs game. An incredible decison, with wee rat boy Craig Napier at the centre of it - he who gave St. Mirren the penalty at Tannadice. He really is a truly awful referee. Worth a watch if anyone hasn't.
    Watched it just now. Wish there had been the same uproar about Edwards red card earlier in the season, or Craig Gordon's assault on Fletcher. I agree the refs are f*cking horrendous though

It's actually incredulous that St Mirren got that penalty and yet Fletcher got booked for diving. For one thing Main was running towards the corner flag before he tried to swim there instead, Fletcher was right through on goal and the keeper went right through him. Honestly we must have the worst officials in the world

Football's in danger of becoming a non-contact sport.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Football's in danger of becoming a non-contact sport.
    Well St Mirren did get a non contact penalty so you're probably right!

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)