+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Var

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Another shocker yesterday in the Saints vs Hibs game. An incredible decison, with wee rat boy Craig Napier at the centre of it - he who gave St. Mirren the penalty at Tannadice. He really is a truly awful referee. Worth a watch if anyone hasn't.
    Hibs win their appeal against Jeggos red card. Downgraded to a yellow.

Shambles.

Just been sent footage of the Man U goalie wiping out the Wolves player.......VAR says not a penalty.....Holy 5hit....what's the point in it if they can't even get that correct. Thank fk we are rid of it this season and hopefully if we go straight back up it gets binned but I can't see it unfortunately.

Yeah, I thought it was a penalty too, strange one. Won't get binned though, it's just normal now.

I have just listened to live Scottish and English football , and everyone is complaining about VAR. Had a we look on youtube , and yet again, complaints about VAR. Last few weeks,many forums, complaints about VAR. BBC pundits, complaints about VAR. Sky TV, complaints about VAR. Managers (careful big Ange) complaints about VAR.

WTF is going on? It is FAR too expensive. Does NOT rule out human error, or (ahem) affiliations. I am seek to the back teeth of watching computer lines, slo-mo, frozen images , all wasting time being debated by pundits...

It is boring as fcuk... and ruining the game.

Let's go back to, if yir aff, yir aff. If yi fouled , yi fouled. If the Ref is in the lodge (so fcuk) it really can't be any worse that this cluster**** .

Can it ???

It'd be interesting to see the statistics on mistakes with and without VAR. Up here it really seems to just be accentuating how bad our officials are. 🤔

So much of football is subjective, so what’s point in adding another layer of subjectively at a the cost of the flow, excitement and spontaneity of match. Just adds another layer of lottery to the whole thing, one match var will get involved the next it won’t for an almost identical incident. And even when you get a stonewall decision our refs get it wrong more often than not.

No coincidence either the same managers like moyes who would complain about refs and want var, are same guys lambasting var now.

Saying all that, refs are incompetent, but they don’t intentionally cheat like lots of players, but they never get the same level of criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It'd be interesting to see the statistics on mistakes with and without VAR. Up here it really seems to just be accentuating how bad our officials are. 🤔
    Not just ours Terry. All over. There has been good officials, then the rest. We can probably name a lot of the top refs in every league in the last few decades. I was listening to live futba today on a few streams , and all I heard was "Goal" "penalty" "foul" etc etc. Then............ "hold on, VAR is having a look" And even worse, "Why is VAR.... NOT having a look at that? " Fcuking ridiculous.

I blame Hawk-eye fae Wimbledon...... The start of a monster. Funnily enough , VAR employees , ah get paid..

1 Ref

2 Linesm(ahem) fowk

3 One back-up official (hauled out the terracing)

GET RID ASAP ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Not just ours Terry. All over. There has been good officials, then the rest. We can probably name a lot of the top refs in every league in the last few decades. I was listening to live futba today on a few streams , and all I heard was "Goal" "penalty" "foul" etc etc. Then............ "hold on, VAR is having a look" And even worse, "Why is VAR.... NOT having a look at that? " Fcuking ridiculous.

I blame Hawk-eye fae Wimbledon...... The start of a monster. Funnily enough , VAR employees , ah get paid..

1 Ref

2 Linesm(ahem) fowk

3 One back-up official (hauled out the terracing)

GET RID ASAP ..........................
    The thing about Hawkeye is it worked right from the start in a small court. Just like the goal line tech in football use.

Then you consider Rugby where the standard of referees is infinitely better, the linesfowk are not the dirt on a footie refs shoes, and the TMO is considered an integral part of the team.

Seems to be an air of arrogance in the way Scottish Refs go about their jobs, and if they ignore the advice from linesfowk, then i wonder how many potential incidents are ignored?

It works perfectly in tennis because it’s black and white, the ball is either in or out, takes no time to check, doesn’t impact the flow of the game, and even then they get a limited amount of calls. What makes football exciting is the non stop nature, the stop start nature of var kills the momentum and excitement.

I see arteta was complaining about injuries and suggested there should be ten subs!

The SS in a cup final due to VAR or should i say the humans running it?.Boyle's 'goal' ruled out for offside is so marginal it just has to be given and would have been if VAR was not in use.The whole complexion of the game changed on that decision and Aberdeen who were being over ran 11 v 11 looked better when they lost a man

The Sheep defended for their lives and Hibs Hibsed it,but the disallowed goal changed everything and robbed Hibs of a place in the final.I had no dog in the fight but i absolutely hate VAR with a passion and its ruining the game i used to love.

Strange hearing the outnumbered Sheep singing our take me home country road song at Hampden it would be like us singing the very annoying Stand Free shyte song.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)