+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Var

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    VAR officials should be looking at all angles and it doesn't seem right they then choose what the referee looks at. I understand there is time pressure involved but I'm sure all fans would prefer the on pitch referee gets all the information, not the limited set provided by the VAR official in the studio.
    If anyone watched the highlights on Sportscene, looking at the County game shows that Scottish Football is nowhere near ready for the implementation of VAR. Offside decisions being investigated by a camera that looked like it was in the dugout is no way to improve our game, and Red cards from one poor angle, slowed down and freeze framed is a fecking joke!

Edit to say, Why are we going to a meeting tomorrow when John Beaton could have looked at this again and overturned the VAR decision or downgrade to a Yellow?
    Last edited by Chick A Saw; 01-11-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Maybe best thing would be lose this appeal, Watt is never suited to playing against the old firm away from home anyway because we aren't going to have much possession, they will be dominant and pushing high up so there will be space in behind to exploit, which requires pace, which neither Fletcher or Watt have. We are going to get humped anyway, so why give Anaku 90 mins, see if he is anywhere near ready, he looked good v Rangers and St John, but looked far from ready in subbies since.

If we lose the appeal we should take the opportunity to absolutely lambast the VAR system/authorities, maybe rally something within the club, at least show on some level we are fighting, everything seems so listless at the moment, the manager needs to get the team pumped up, the players look mentally and physically powder puff, we will most likely just release a meek statement saying we are disappointed with the outcome. Saying that, I think it will be reduced to a yellow, to try save a bit of face for them too.

I thinkbthat Watt is trying to flick the ball past the player, he gets the slightest of touches on the ball...but it does look like it is reckless. Gone are the ays of a 50/50 ball! I can see this sticking as a red card to keep the peace with VAR..but realistically, it should have been a yellow at the time. Beaton had a really good view of it and VAR just seems to cloud the waters even more. Don't let the red card distract you from the fact that we were pish though!

Regardless I think it had a big impact on the result. Speculation on my part of course but with 11 men I think we would have, at least, got a draw. Motherwell were much worse than I was expecting to be honest.

I've had a good look and think about this and, even at full speed, I can see why the referee changed his decision from nothing to a red card. There is no intent but Watt does catch the player all be it with no real force.

I don't think there is even the slightest chance this will be overturned on appeal and I don't know why we are bothering to be honest.

SFA have overturned red card and issued yellow, doesn’t really help still lost all points

This appeal being won raises more questions than it answers. How can VAR be used when the users can't use it? How can a yellow card be given by the appeals panel - VAR was checking for a red card. Ref didn't give a foul. How can the panel decide that it is no red but decide it was a foul and some punishment has to be dished out for an incident that is not VAR(able) and wasn't even given as a foul on the field? The yellow card award is completely wrong in my opinion. The yellow is basically an attempt to justify the VAR decision, cover up the officials' failings, whilst admitting the decision was wrong! Makes no sense. Guess it also saves them the awkward prospect of declaring the Well player as a cheat for his antics in getting Watt sent off.

Can't believe we thought we would win the appeal but well done United for casting a massive shadow on the budget VAR that has been brought in at great expense to the clubs and the potential for nefarious use by officials.

Quote Originally Posted by arabbucks View Post
    SFA have overturned red card and issued yellow, doesn’t really help still lost all points
    Gobsmacked at that and faith restored a little in the SFA bit reduced considerably in VAR.

Scottish football at its finest. Refs who can't get it right, even at the 2nd time of 'watching'. Useless. F*cking useless.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Scottish football at its finest. Refs who can't get it right, even at the 2nd time of 'watching'. Useless. F*cking useless.
    Exactly, makes the pair of them look like a couple of tits.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)