+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Var

For VAR to be a success the fans, et al, must have faith in it. Saturday's incident against Saints just proved the opposite. Take that and the inordinate amount of time at hold ups in play, leads to a very unsatisfying spectacle for the supporters. If VAR is to play an important part in the game, those managing it should have the ability to overturn the Ref's decisions.

Personally I think VAR is a bad idea. It is designed to please the TV companies.

The time aspect I'm not personally that fussed about. However, while I accept mistakes can be made by anyone, the level of incompetence we are seeing with it is staggering and totally undermining the whole technology.

I was in the Shed on Saturday and it was pretty clear to me, even from that far away, what had happened there. Ok, the referee at the game has a different view and makes his decision based on that but the VAR official has absolutely no excuse.

....and while we were getting cheated our players turned away and said oh well that's a pity 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    ....and while we were getting cheated our players turned away and said oh well that's a pity 🤨
    You bring this up a lot but I'm not sure what you expect of them and to what end?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    The ref wasn't entertaining any kind of advances toward him and made the players well aware of this.

I've only just had a chance to watch the "highlights"…

Curtis Main has conned the ref, no doubt about that but is shocking that he's also managed to con the VAR assistant who has access to footage of all the different angles, etc. No way that should have happened.

Kilmarnock game was even worse - how the same referee and VAR assistant can disallow the early goal for hand ball and then not give a penalty for hand ball later in the game tells you all you need to know about VAR in Scotland… not fit for purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    I've only just had a chance to watch the "highlights"…

Curtis Main has conned the ref, no doubt about that but is shocking that he's also managed to con the VAR assistant who has access to footage of all the different angles, etc. No way that should have happened.

Kilmarnock game was even worse - how the same referee and VAR assistant can disallow the early goal for hand ball and then not give a penalty for hand ball later in the game tells you all you need to know about VAR in Scotland… not fit for purpose.
    As I said in an earlier post it is not VAR that is the problem it is the people using it that are the reason for all this. The ref on Saturday only had one view of the incident and this may have been obscured slightly by Ayina. The official in the studio if he was watching the same pictures being shown by BBC Scotland must surely have seen Main diving.
    I think perhaps if the referee is inexperienced, as he was on Saturday, then an experienced official should be in the VAR studio. This was not the case on Saturday as Colin Steven is not an experienced official. The same happened at the Killie game against Saints. The official in the studio had refereed one game in the SPFL in over two years. He missed Considine’s blatant hand ball.

Var completely ruins the experience, long delays, kills the spontaneity of goals, which was the single greatest thing, now when we score im more worried about var taking it way, first thing I always forbid tell my old man not to get carried away var will probably chop it off. Even during matches I find myself instinctively thinking if something looks dubious offside this will get pulled back, best to get a Corner and score from there.

Var officials are completely incapable of differentiating between real time actions and slow mo. Then the refs brick it and go with the var. the Penalty Celtic got v Morton, killie non Handball sat, st Mirren pen, these refs and var officials are just not fit for purpose. Those decisions are on them.

Quote Originally Posted by southwestarab View Post
    As I said in an earlier post it is not VAR that is the problem it is the people using it that are the reason for all this. The ref on Saturday only had one view of the incident and this may have been obscured slightly by Ayina. The official in the studio if he was watching the same pictures being shown by BBC Scotland must surely have seen Main diving.
    I think perhaps if the referee is inexperienced, as he was on Saturday, then an experienced official should be in the VAR studio. This was not the case on Saturday as Colin Steven is not an experienced official. The same happened at the Killie game against Saints. The official in the studio had refereed one game in the SPFL in over two years. He missed Considine’s blatant hand ball.
    No disrespect, but if the var ref can’t see the handball in the killie game then he has reffed one game too many.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    No disrespect, but if the var ref can’t see the handball in the killie game then he has reffed one game too many.
    The Considine handball is probably the worst decision I've ever seen. Absolutely incredible.

F*CK VAR.

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)