+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TCX bought for the Scotland game in Cyprus

TCX bought for the Scotland game in Cyprus

Ok just bought my first Scotland tickets for yeeeeeears for the Game here.

Only 10 euros for a ticket and should be good view.

Ok so who is there to look out for in the current squad, any sparklers as i havent kept abreast of the national team since Narey scored.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Ok just bought my first Scotland tickets for yeeeeeears for the Game here.

Only 10 euros for a ticket and should be good view.

Ok so who is there to look out for in the current squad, any sparklers as i havent kept abreast of the national team since Narey scored.
    Archie Gemmill is a bit of a prospect, or so I've heard

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Archie Gemmill is a bit of a prospect, or so I've heard
    To be fair..........he was pretty good in Trainspotting

Scotland have a very good squad, probably the best for many years, and have started to deliver some great results. And also have played some really exciting football recently.
    The last Euros probably came a year too early though and home performances lacked a bit of confidence needed to get out of the group.
    They're in a great position to qualify for the next Euros in Germany. Most of the players are playing at a high level, many in the EPL playing against top players week in week out.

Craig Gordon is injured so Angus Gunn deputises, done well so far.
    Across the back you have Hickey on the right, Tierney and Robertson on the left with a choice of CB'S from Hendry/Souttar/McKenna/Porteous
    Midfield you have the emerging Billy Gilmour, plus John McGinn and MacGregor also Scott McTominay.
    Up front Dykes is doubtful so Che Adams will start. Ryan Christie offers pace and creativity from the right.
    The bench is pretty strong too, especially in midfield with Jack, McLean and Stuart Armstrong.

So 1-0 Cyprus then.

Edit to add, don't think the summer temperatures will affect Scotland and there'll be a noisy Scottish following including lots of guys from the military bases.
    Enjoy the game mate.

With such a later kick off time the temp wont be a problem for sure.

I did listen to the commentators on the Utd match saturday asking for liquid breaks as the temp was too hot. what are players made of now, chocolate?

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    With such a later kick off time the temp wont be a problem for sure.

I did listen to the commentators on the Utd match saturday asking for liquid breaks as the temp was too hot. what are players made of now, chocolate?
    Yip.... it was never hot in the 60's or 70's (even at the berries) And also never freezin' either on New Years day for the Derby matches. Liquid intake is a must seemingly for rehydration, and I'm not gonna argue we that. But.... what's wrong we the brandy laced coffee, or tin oh Export at half-time???

I always find it weird that folk are very suspicious of change. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I always find it weird that folk are very suspicious of change. 🤔
    That's what they said about Hitler.......... Don't be suspicious, he's only making changes.

Changes can be good , and also bad.

I can imagine if they changed the disabled parking in Isla Street for instance , some folk might not be happy about that. (it's only a change)

Cue: GB with a link to a Bowie sang... (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Scotland have a very good squad, probably the best for many years, and have started to deliver some great results. And also have played some really exciting football recently.
    The last Euros probably came a year too early though and home performances lacked a bit of confidence needed to get out of the group.
    They're in a great position to qualify for the next Euros in Germany. Most of the players are playing at a high level, many in the EPL playing against top players week in week out.

Craig Gordon is injured so Angus Gunn deputises, done well so far.
    Across the back you have Hickey on the right, Tierney and Robertson on the left with a choice of CB'S from Hendry/Souttar/McKenna/Porteous
    Midfield you have the emerging Billy Gilmour, plus John McGinn and MacGregor also Scott McTominay.
    Up front Dykes is doubtful so Che Adams will start. Ryan Christie offers pace and creativity from the right.
    The bench is pretty strong too, especially in midfield with Jack, McLean and Stuart Armstrong.

So 1-0 Cyprus then.
    Can Billy Gilmour still be considered as an emerging talent? Seem to have found his place to be allowed to show what he is capable of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)