+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tranmere

Tranmere

Even though it's close as the crow flies, Tranmere is such an awful place to get to and, much worse getting home from, particularly on a Friday night, so I won't be going. To be honest, I'm also considering whether to splash a tenner on I-follow or just listen to it on TV.
    Anyway, no news about injuries although CBR looked seriously upset as he hobbled about at the end of last Saturday's game. Not trusting AM's too early for..... Brook so assuming he'll be available but on the bench. Big question seems to be...who is going to be LB, Zac, Tariq or Rio? My bets on Zac as I assume it will be a defensive set up against a team that has won their last 4.
    Will there be much activity between our midfield and the front 4 (depending on formation). Will there be much link up between the front 4? Definitely time for someone other than Agyei and CBR to score. However, I'm not optimistic that we'll score any in this game and expect us to lose 2-0.

Listening to AM yesterday I wouldn't be surprised to see Tabiner start the game, I think that they are finding more difficult by the game, in a good way, to leave him out with C Finney not far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Listening to AM yesterday I wouldn't be surprised to see Tabiner start the game, I think that they are finding more difficult by the game, in a good way, to leave him out with C Finney not far behind.

We are struggling and I don’t see anything other than a heavy defeat coming our way as we continue to fall down the league, can’t believe we are talking about playing kids with very little experience and the same kids both AM and Charles Grant said would not feature this season AM admitted he was economic with the truth when it came to the kids (LIED) seems to be a constant from the board and management at this club in recent years. Any way moan over 4-0 Tranmere.

To be fair he was talking about whether they would be loaned or not. And he was doing it for their benefit! So, Wartman, I'm afraid there's no mileage in that, really.
    As for playing the 'kids', if they're ready, they're ready!
    Personally, I think Charlie Finney is further ahead than Tabiner.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    To be fair he was talking about whether they would be loaned or not. And he was doing it for their benefit! So, Wartman, I'm afraid there's no mileage in that, really.
    As for playing the 'kids', if they're ready, they're ready!
    Personally, I think Charlie Finney is further ahead than Tabiner.

Do you think that these players would be being considered if Charlie Colkett, Chris Long and Callum Ainley were fit and playing ? I some how think not so are they ready or is this the manager just talking them up because he has nobody else ? Akin to what we saw with Artell last season who blooded some very poor players in that disastrous campaign I’ll leave you to decide.

I think that the plan this season was always to introduce these players gradually. That is what we do. Hopefully they have shown enough to speed that process up a little bit. If they are involved tonight, it's probably not the ideal game to do it in but there's only one way to find out if they are going to sink or swim. I know that both of them are extremely well thought of and I look forward to seeing them develop as our recent history has proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Do you think that these players would be being considered if Charlie Colkett, Chris Long and Callum Ainley were fit and playing ? I some how think not so are they ready or is this the manager just talking them up because he has nobody else ? Akin to what we saw with Artell last season who blooded some very poor players in that disastrous campaign I’ll leave you to decide.
    And you would do what then? 4 first choice players out injured and the windows shut. Presumably you would play a starting 9 then!!

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    And you would do what then? 4 first choice players out injured and the windows shut. Presumably you would play a starting 9 then!!

No I would have recruited sufficient enough numbers in August we were 5 or 6 players short imo

No I would have recruited sufficient enough numbers in August we were 5 or 6 players short imo
    Sadly we don't have and are never likely to have the money to recruit two first team squads. We expect to play the kids and we ease them in gradually. They will get games and as other players return to fitness they will go back to the bench with some experience under their belts. We have been doing it for getting on for 30 years.

Full of answers that are completely unachievable. We have an academy that is rated in the top 10, above Liverpool!! That is where the replacements will come from. Always has and always will.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast