+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Accrington v Rams

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    If Warney sticks to his 'if they play well they keep their place' then we might find out if he can do the biz. We need goals and if the lad can provide them then great.
    I don’t know if their cb’s were particularly slow but he looked so fast. Had no right to reach that long ball.

Cracking stuff and the new style is so much fun to watch

The first goal direct ball to mendez, drive forward amd pass to Osula, smashed into the far corner... all done in 3 moves back to front

If that a few weeks ago wed have lost the ball pi33ing about with it across the back

Keep it up Warny its a lot better already despite the loss to Port Vale and the draw with Mansfield

Still think 2 or 3 players are needed in January but its refreshing to see the club moving on from the previous era

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Lets have a nice boring 2nd half please!!!
    Regarding the penalties 2 of them were shocking decisions 1 was stone wallmthe other was a 50/50

Weve been getting done over in regards to penalties for about 2 years now its getting frustrating

Lets see the ref give us 4 lenalties in 3 halfs of football...

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Regarding the penalties 2 of them were shocking decisions 1 was stone wallmthe other was a 50/50

Weve been getting done over in regards to penalties for about 2 years now its getting frustrating

Lets see the ref give us 4 lenalties in 3 halfs of football...
    Only 1 was a penalty to me, two clear dives and one outside the box.

Justice that the only one scored from is the one that was genuine.

Poetic justice IMO. the Bird penalty? I thought Bird played the ball onto their player who then proceeded to fall over. As a ref myself I thought it an appalling decision.

2nd one? Contact was outside the box so it was never a penalty.

3 good goals. I can understand Barker giving Osula the MOTM award but was he our best player on the day? NML had influence at both ends. Cashin very good again. Sibley was very good on the ball and off it plus he was given responsibility for the dead ball kicks and he got most of them spot on which has been a failing for Derby for a while.

What I do worry about is this back 3 lark with its current incumbents. Accy cut us apart on a few occasions and they are not the most prolific of teams by any stretch of the imagination averaging a goal a game (as are we). I can see Ipswich tearing us a new one if we don't get it sorted by Friday.

Also enjoyed the fact the Dogheads win over the Red Dogs means the Dogs have had their worst ever start to a top flight season.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 16-10-2022 at 09:54 AM.

They're resigned to relagation from what I read, all they desperately want now is to reach 12 points which with a £160m spend should be easy..........shouldn't it?

Relegation would see them become stand alone holders of the record for the most relegations from the PL, I read somewhere.

I've also seen them talking about it being difficult to assimilate 20 odd players quickly. My question to them would be "in that case, why did you buy so many?"

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I've also seen them talking about it being difficult to assimilate 20 odd players quickly. My question to them would be "in that case, why did you buy so many?"
    They say its a combination of players leaving out of contract or loan players, so the answer is surely as a promoted team if they had players out of contract then offer them a new one, they would probably sign, and if they had that many loan players then thats bad management and only themselves to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    They're resigned to relagation from what I read, all they desperately want now is to reach 12 points which with a £160m spend should be easy..........shouldn't it?
    spending that sort of money they should be comfortable staying up, if they do go down its a worse performance than our season, i read on here from the forest fan who posts that relegation was the plan anyway, but thats not the noises they have been making, using words like, thriving, competing, europe..is not planning on relegation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)