+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Big Vic

Big Vic

Thrilled to bit's for the lad , he got his first career hatrick yesterday ♥, I watched him regular when he first joined us in the under 23s , he scored for fun and looked a real prospect , not sure he was ever given a decent run of game's here to be fair, a very likeable lad and always willing to learn more , maybe too many managerial changes didn't help , I'm hoping he cracks it at Burton and has a good career in football ,

Limited lad but always gave his all for this club .

Pleased for the lad .

So big Vic has found his level has he, whacking in goals for Buurton Taarn lol.
    Maybe he can find some great grand parents who liked guiness, and that means he can play for Paddy O'Ireland. 😁

Everyone has a soft spot for Vic but his record of 7 goals in 79 appearances for us says it all , it was time for a parting of the ways & I for one was not disappointed with the move, I wish him well for the future but I much prefer the experience & nous of Notwood & yes we need an additional striker but Vic would not be on my shopping list.

The GOALMACHINE gets another 7 in all comps 6 in league games , Division one's Haarland eh?,

He looks to ev shed a few parnds from the glimpse I saw of him yesterday.

The Championship was a standard too high forrim, as it was for a few others.

The GOAL MACHINE scores another beauty for Burton, 3rd place in DIVISION ONE top scorers , Odour got his 1st for the monkey hangers and ex MARQUEE signing George Miller scored his 7th league goal for Donny he also missed a penalty !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    The GOAL MACHINE scores another beauty for Burton, 3rd place in DIVISION ONE top scorers , Odour got his 1st for the monkey hangers and ex MARQUEE signing George Miller scored his 7th league goal for Donny he also missed a penalty !
    Miller looks like it may bite us on the ass .

Vic (and Miller) wasn't good enough for the Champship, simples!.
    Thats the level we were at, and are hoping to get back to again, eventually!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Vic (and Miller) wasn't good enough for the Champship, simples!.
    Thats the level we were at, and are hoping to get back to again, eventually!.
    Miller was never given a run of games at Oakwell , constantly loaned out .

Victor did have that opportunity .

I've got a feeling we may regret letting Miller go because he could be the one who just didn't get his chance here and there was a player in there we didn't spot .