+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting development

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Clubs are always observing who is doing well at other clubs even if the media are not.

I would be surprised if Andersen is not sold in January and maybe one or two others with a £300,000 level striker brought in "to back Duff". Unfortunately young Fabio Jalo will be also attracting attention from clubs higher up the food chain.

The recent £3.2 million share issue money runs out in January. The club is losing a million a month and continued share issues are unsustainable
    I do not disagree with any of that but the point was that currently I do not see Mr Duff being on anyone"s shopping list as we are plodding along under the radar, however player sales will probably be inevitable but as long as we hang to our HC I think we have half a chance of a decent season with a view to kicking on from there

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Barnsley currently sit 6 th in the league which Duff must take credit for but thankfully both Barnsley & Duff seem to be going under the radar which in my opinion is good news , long may it continue .
    Yes - and also credit due to the directors and recruitment team for bringing in Duff and the players.
    I can’t see anyone going in January unless a big offer is made.
    I can however see one maybe two players coming in - especially if we remain in the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Yes - and also credit due to the directors and recruitment team for bringing in Duff and the players.
    I can’t see anyone going in January unless a big offer is made.
    I can however see one maybe two players coming in - especially if we remain in the top 6.
    If Hasselbaink is right they originally offered the job to him but he turned it down.

We never know the size of offers declined or accepted--always undisclosed.

The club is skint Nudge. The Golden Rule has not been broken by the owners. NEVER spend a penny of your own money, even when buying the club. Any money put in must be recoverable ie shares which can be later sold.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    But to say he's deliberately feigning injury to be fit for the world cup is just simply ludicrous.
    Ohh I know, and I certainly wasn't saying that.
    And a lot of fans maybe don't realize just how much effort he made to play here, and settle down and really impress us fans.
    I think we all knew or at least thought, he was destined for much bigger clubs than ours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12