+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup Draw

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Let's be honest, MA, it's not the tie both of us had dreamed of.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    Let's be honest, MA, it's not the tie both of us had dreamed of.
    Can't argue with that Gunter. A winnable tie for both of us, both being among the better performing sides in L1. Hopefully, whichever side wins, and I hope it's us, gets one of the bigger grounds away in R4 for a top pay day. OT, Anfield, Toon, Gunners, Spurs, Citeh.....

The gate? We had 26123 at our place back in August when you visited. I'm expecting nowhere near that for this cup tie. Around 15K is my guesstimate.

The L1 game at yours in February will see 4 of us Cloggies over, provided we can get tickets. We always take a lot to yours and, it seems, your away allocation these days won't see us taking over 7000 like we did back in 07 in our promotion season. If we can't get tickets, Burton are at home to Accrington and we'll do corporate there as part of my birthweekend celebrations. Either way, we'll have a good time.

I\Gunter, if we can manage to get tickets, there'll be 4 of us Cloggies up your way on Feb 25th.

Is that you, GP and another couple of fair weather fans, excited at the prospect of a play off place?

Is that you, GP and another couple of fair weather fans, excited at the prospect of a play off place?
    Tbf...MA is no ‘fair weather fan’...and it won’t be GP...he’s rarely been as far north as Derby since the ‘70’s and going to such far flung northern lands as Barnsley would only give him vertigo.

Morning Gunt, We live in the Netherlands so a home game costs £500 each with flights, hotel, UK travel, match ticket, food and drink... My football travels are limited by financial constraints. 6 home games and 2 away (Bournemouth and Blackpool) last season. Would have done more but simply didn't have the cash.

Me, my 2 lads (born here, 15 miles from the Ajax stadium but still Rams fans) and my brother in Law. This will be my first game this season but hope to hit the half dozen by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Morning Gunt, We live in the Netherlands so a home game costs £500 each with flights, hotel, UK travel, match ticket, food and drink... My football travels are limited by financial constraints. 6 home games and 2 away (Bournemouth and Blackpool) last season. Would have done more but simply didn't have the cash.

Me, my 2 lads (born here, 15 miles from the Ajax stadium but still Rams fans) and my brother in Law. This will be my first game this season but hope to hit the half dozen by the end of the season.
    I applaud that commitment, MadAmster. You must have watched Ajax a few times. Do they have a decent side?

I applaud that commitment, MadAmster. You must have watched Ajax a few times. Do they have a decent side?
    On paper, yes. Started the season well but in the run up to the World Cup they had a run of less than average performances and results. They dropped from 4 points clear to 3 points behind the leaders. IMO the players going to Qatar were making sure they didn't pick up an injury... hopefully they will soon be back on top.

I'd say nausea rather than vertigo

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I'd say nausea rather than vertigo

Seriously, GP. I know you're just joking but god knows I hope you never get vertigo because it's hell.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)