+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup Draw

FA Cup Draw

So Derby in the first round of the FA Cup since 1985 (I think) and are away to either Torquay United/Hampton and Richmond it would be nice to have a decent cup run, with a big draw in the 3rd or 4th round.

A cup run to the 3rd round, cor blimey I can't stand the pace Swale!!

It would be different being someone else's banana skin for a change!

Yay, we will be a giant killer by sneaking past Rotherham 1-0 at home in the 3rd round! Lots to look forward to there........

Not going to win it but a Cup run does bring financial rewards we could use to improve the squad. Considering we are under a strict "business plan" (the Toraidh would call it austerity ) this and next season, building up a decent war chest for the 84/85 season would be excellent.

jeez that is thinking ahead MA: planning spending now for 60 years hence. One hell of a long term business plan

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    jeez that is thinking ahead MA: planning spending now for 60 years hence. One hell of a long term business plan
    stick him in the OBR

OK well its topical and Derby are playing in it, but clearly nobody cares!!

I did type 84/85 for some unknown reason. Meant 24/25. Hey ho...

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    OK well its topical and Derby are playing in it, but clearly nobody cares!!
    I think people do care, Swale...it’s just difficult to get excited before the involvement of the ‘big boys’.
    To me the order of importance is League One, FA/Carabao Cup...especially now we have a big draw in the latter, and then the EFL/Pizza Cup which, again to me, is just an irritating distraction and a measure of how far we’ve fallen.
    Agree it would be nice to have a decent 3rd/4th round draw in one of the great competitions.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)