+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Doncaster

Doncaster

Haven't got a clue about this one. I don't know the formation or the probable personnel. Also, Donny have a brand new manager and have chopped and changed their approach game by game. They're also having a bit of poor patch.
    Once again we're playing a team immediately above us.
    If we play in similar style to Tuesday we may, finally, achieve something. I'm sticking my head above the parapet and saying 2 (yes, more than one!) -1 to the Alex. Our goals will include one from a new scorer for this season

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Haven't got a clue about this one. I don't know the formation or the probable personnel. Also, Donny have a brand new manager and have chopped and changed their approach game by game. They're also having a bit of poor patch.
    Once again we're playing a team immediately above us.
    If we play in similar style to Tuesday we may, finally, achieve something. I'm sticking my head above the parapet and saying 2 (yes, more than one!) -1 to the Alex. Our goals will include one from a new scorer for this season

Crewe 1 Donny 3 for me

1 -2 I'm afraid taking all the circumstances into consideration. I hope that I am wrong but can't see beyond that. Trying to keep the faith which I always will but all a bit depressing at the moment. A ***** run of games coming up.

Much improvement. Tabiner was great- a great future if he carries on like that. Adebisi also played well. Offord was class. Even Finney wasn't hopeless. Agyei continues to frustrate. Such a potentially talented player but has to realise he still has a part to play when he hasn't got the ball.
    Anyway playing with that intent and, especially when (if) Long comes back, upping the intensity a bit will see us comfortable top half.
    We'll see how it goes away to Wimbledon.

I like your optimism Gazan. For much of the game it was all very predictable I'm afraid. I broadly agree with your comments on Offord, Tabiner and Agyei. Finney I forgot was playing after about 20 minutes, a waste of time, not even a nuisance value. Also quite alarming how the whole team seemed to run out of steam with about 20 mins to go. Another team to leave Gresty Road with a point who didn't impress me at all, indeed very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Much improvement. Tabiner was great- a great future if he carries on like that. Adebisi also played well. Offord was class. Even Finney wasn't hopeless. Agyei continues to frustrate. Such a potentially talented player but has to realise he still has a part to play when he hasn't got the ball.
    Anyway playing with that intent and, especially when (if) Long comes back, upping the intensity a bit will see us comfortable top half.
    We'll see how it goes away to Wimbledon.
    I agree Gazan, so much better yesterday. Best game Finney has had for a very long time. Tabiner was outstanding til he tired. Offord is a player who you would think other clubs should be looking at really. He has been very good for a few seasons now. I don't entirely agree about Agyei, I think he gets through a lot of work and gets battered every week. I think the accusation would be better levelled at CBR. Without his goals he doesn't offer much. That said, his scoring record is very good. I too expect a comfortable top half finish. I suspect we may miss out on the play offs but 10th would not be a bad place to build from for next season

Yes, the best thing about it was Tabiner, a player with the Crewe vision for a pass, as well as the goals he wished he had scored. As he plays more at this level, he won't tire in the last quarter.