+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All very quiet down Villa Park

All very quiet down Villa Park

Okay there's a game on but ive not heard anything from Mr Purslow, I'm hoping he's working on a Deal for a top Manager, let's face it, he could or should be facing the sack for his decision making, he stole Gerrard announcing with a smug grin that it was a coup, that has not aged well. This one has got to be right, the fact most of Gerrards support staff have also gone makes me think it's not just a Manager but a tram of people who will be coming in. But it's so quiet. Wolves put out a statement, No new Manager till after the world cup' Maybe they have Southgate lined up, my god I hope that's not going to be the case for us! It would be nice to have a reassuring update, it's obvious Gerrard was going to go, looking back, it's probably the main reason the owners were over? Could someone be in the stands today, purslow sitting next to Poch, that would cheer the faithful up at the Church.
    Who ever is going today, let's get behind the lads and give the owners a message that they are at the right club doing the right thing!

Hope you are right TD, but Ive a feeling they were not that organised, Purslow has been backing his boy in case it cost him his job, it took Nas to see for himself and then act directly imho,. I hope Shiny Suit is a million miles from this decision, we need some football knowledge imput this time, talk to those around the club who still have a strong connection, Sir Brian,God, etc

Yes okay thanks mate, just like everyone else waiting for something to happen, The Villa is becoming a bit of a poisioned chalice in respect to the sackings, fans revolting, cabbages, crikey I would say almost as bad as Toon fans but our board saves us there well, the owners anyway who have been fabulous. I just hope it's someone with a winning mentality, I heard someone say Marinio and bring Tammy back in January, now that would have me reaching for the Jack Daniels!

Purslow is an excellent business CEO. But he should be nowhere near any football-related decisions.

I’ve been berating our recruitment team for some time now. I hold no hopes for the most important piece of recruitment at the Club in years. The cumulative decisions of our recruitment team might just have us on the brink.

We’re in a relegation fight, so we need the best person for the remit, to avoid relegation. We are a club in trouble, not an attractive proposition, our history means fk all. No fancy dan need apply. Purslow and Lange? put the kettle on lads, on your way out the door.

I’m dreading the outcome from today’s game. No manager, no coaching staff to speak of, team selection supposedly leaked yesterday, questions asked about the Villa model by knowledgeable people playing against a team who are well drilled and definitely know what they’re doing. It’s a mess and today’s outcome could be a disaster.

Villa have become a manager’s graveyard. They are lured to the club with promises of potential riches and rekindling glories of old only to have their careers dashed against the rocks that seem to surround our claret and blue isle. I can’t think of any that have gone on to succeed elsewhere )although I suspect SG will go on to buck that trend). No wonder the choices are starting to dry up as potential managers with any pedigree are are saying no to an approach. I think we will be left with has beens who fancy one last throw of the dice or young potential candidates who are naive enough to think they can do better.

On a more positive note, we do have owners who are wealthy and committed. I just hope they have the nouse to understand the issues before we end up in the championship. As ever UTV.

Wow. Don’t think I’ll comment on here again.

Its not quiet anymore!!!! Well done Danks, short notice, clear choices made, and it worked, more of that please. One note though, watkins still needs three goes at it to score, I wouldnt mind betting Archer would have buried the first one, over to you Aaron.

Ha ha Picasso! Keep commenting if it gets results like that!

It certainly isn't, OldSkool! Wow, wasn't expecting that!

Well done Danks and lads. I'm more easily pleased than OldSkool! Some people are never happy! Giggles.

i felt we would win today... always thought we have the players just really poor tactical nous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)