+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT - who is it to be, next to lead the country....

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    It's millions.
    Perhaps you might like to add the soft loans as well to that, because thats hundreds of millions.

So for a state broadcastor that is supposed to be neutral, there will obviously be no bias there then?
    No idea what you mean by ‘soft loans’. I think it was actually between 2.5 - 3 million. You night want to compare that with the amount the Right contributes towards various other aspects of the media. There again...probably won’t suit your agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I can't, that's why I didn't try as they are all interlaced as well as individual factors. If we hadn't done Brexit, would COVID had been less disruptive? If there wasn't COVID would Putin have invaded sooner. If Putin had invaded sooner, would we have still done Brexit etc etc. Its a rock, paper, scissors moment or two

I don't think you-d go 50-30-30, although the principal of innumeracy is sound: more likely you'd go 80:20:20. Swale of course would go 110:-5:-5 and Tricky 0:45:55
    In all seriousness I wouldn’t. I’d probably go more like 40-30-30...but the difference is...only Brexit was totally self inflicted. Obviously the costs of the pandemic were enormous and the impacts of the Putin created crisis equally so, but the fact that Brexit is now being widely recognised, even by you, as one of a trio of crises is very telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I can't, that's why I didn't try as they are all interlaced as well as individual factors. If we hadn't done Brexit, would COVID had been less disruptive? If there wasn't COVID would Putin have invaded sooner. If Putin had invaded sooner, would we have still done Brexit etc etc. Its a rock, paper, scissors moment or two

I don't think you-d go 50-30-30, although the principal of innumeracy is sound: more likely you'd go 80:20:20. Swale of course would go 110:-5:-5 and Tricky 0:45:55
    I wouldn't attempt to put a proportion on it actually, as it would be pure guess work and effectively meaningless. The effects of Brexit have been masked both by the pandemic and by the effects of the war in Ukraine. However, the economic hit the UK is taking and the political turmoil amongst the Tory party can be measured and over the next two years will become more and more apparent. There is plenty of hard data that can identify the economic disadvantages of Brexit and a good deal of hard data which demonstrates that virtually all the claims made by Brexiteers were false or undeliverable.

Rejoining the single market is going to be a an action which only politicians intent on completing the tanking of the UK economy will be able to ignore

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    No idea what you mean by ‘soft loans’. I think it was actually between 2.5 - 3 million. You night want to compare that with the amount the Right contributes towards various other aspects of the media. There again...probably won’t suit your agenda.
    Soft loans = paying little interest.

Perhaps you need to read something other than the Guardian.

https://edm.parliament.uk/early-day-...%20information.
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 25-10-2022 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Soft loans = paying little interest.

Perhaps you need to read something other than the Guardian.

https://edm.parliament.uk/early-day-...%20information.
    Oh dear there is Thicky and there is reality.

There is an international development charity set up by the BBC that gets £2.4m from the EU (about 5% of the charity’s budget) to support education of people in developing countries on media production, and similar things. BBC - Funding - Media Action

The technology research unit of the BBC gets about £500,000 to support the development of standards for broadcasting technologies.

For context, the BBC’s income is approximately £5 billion.

It is illegal for BBC News or its other factual content to receive any external funding, and so they rely entirely on the licence fee income.

Some independent production companies will apply for arts funding from any source they can get it, including the EU, though it makes up a tiny proportion of their income, and is, by definition, independent of the BBC.

Even a staunch Tory paper such as the Telegraph can only come up with 4.8 million euros, or £4.2 million, again this didn't go tot he BBC for programmes but to its charity are and research and development.

There is indeed one article which mentions £35 million, but given every source that I can find states a maximum of £4.2 million one can only assume the MP's who signed this were on crack!

It is just another example of how Brexish1ters bend facts to suit their agenda, when in fact there is no such agenda, but hey thats the world Thicky lives in bless his little heart!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)