+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - who is it to be, next to lead the country....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OT - who is it to be, next to lead the country....

So Sunak has his 100+ and is definitely in the race.
    Boris supporters have said so does he but, it appears, only half that number have "signed on the dotted line" thus far. Wishful thinking? Or more inflated numbers from BoJo and his followers (which could, of course, be seen to be lies....)?
    Mordaunt also interested. Will she get the magic number or will she fall by the wayside?

Going on the premise that all 3 reach the magic number, that would, IMO, see Mordaunt fall at the first and then Party members would have an online vote some time this week and Boris would be back in number 10.

Should Boris fail to get to 100 then it's Sunak v Mordaunt and I think Mordaunt would win as she'd get her own backers plus the vast majority, if not all, of Boris's backers. I don't know enough about her to have an opinion on whether she'd be a good or a bad appointment.

If only Sunak gets to 100 then he's in.

Any scenario that sees Boris v Whoever going to the membership will see Bojo returned.

There are, of course, other variants but these are the most likely IMO.

Yep, if it goes to the vote Boris wins.

He certainly splits opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Yep, if it goes to the vote Boris wins.

He certainly splits opinion.
    Johnson's backers are lying because If he had enough nominations he would have declared his candidacy, but hasn't because he will only actually stand IF he gets the magic 100!! At the moment the blind hypocritical tossers that are backing him, seem to have forgotten what they said only weeks ago, but hey such is the low principles of many a current Tory MP!

Mordaunt doesn't stand a chance, it seems Johnson's supporters are trying to get her to stand down and get behind him, but I think she will get behind whoever she thinks is going to win, as indeed will most MP's!! Such is the unedifying spectacle of Tory ****s desperately trying to enrich themselves whilst not giving a toss about the country!

So in reality Sunak will probably be appointed without a vote by the loonies, sorry Conservative members.

Personally I hope they appoint Johnson, another 2 years as he bumbles, waffles and basically ****s up the country would probably see an election with 12 months, whereas Sunak would be a better manager, but then as we have heard on LBC radio from a person saying he was a conservative member, Sunak shouldn't be leader because he isn't British!!

It's scary what some people will say, maybe the said caller needs it pointing out that Southampton is considered part of the UK.

Wonder if said caller was a Boris supporter? Maybe they don't realise that New York is in the United States. of course not suggesting Boris isn't British but it does highlight the intelligence or lack of it of some people.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    It's scary what some people will say, maybe the said caller needs it pointing out that Southampton is considered part of the UK.

Wonder if said caller was a Boris supporter? Maybe they don't realise that New York is in the United States. of course not suggesting Boris isn't British but it does highlight the intelligence or lack of it of some people.
    Absolutely. Well it has gone as I forecast, the lying petulant toe rag has "decided not to stand" despite claiming he had 102 nominations, but he is such a self effacing fellow that he isn't standing in the interests of the Tory party and the country.

The fact that only 57 MP's had publicly nominated him is no doubt merely a coincidence!!

So a liar to the end, a shambolic child still trying and failing to to save face. BBB, Bye bye Boris!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Absolutely. Well it has gone as I forecast, the lying petulant toe rag has "decided not to stand" despite claiming he had 102 nominations, but he is such a self effacing fellow that he isn't standing in the interests of the Tory party and the country.

The fact that only 57 MP's had publicly nominated him is no doubt merely a coincidence!!

So a liar to the end, a shambolic child still trying and failing to to save face. BBB, Bye bye Boris!!
    Spot on, Swale. I am so relieved. The idea of the return of Johnson after all that went on just a few months ago was something that should never have even been considered after all he was ‘removed’ for just last July. It would have left the UK’s reputation in the political gutter.

Like you I don’t believe he ever had the support of anything like 100 MP’s. He behaves like a petulant, narcissistic child and couldn’t, I suspect, have lived with the concept of coming second...or even third. Let’s hope this is the end of him...and frankly it should also be the end of those like Rees-Mogg, Wallace, Cleverley, Patel and Zahawi who had the audacity to support this discredited attention seeker.

I suspect that Sunak will be our fifth PM in the six years since the Referendum by this time tomorrow.

P.S. Now watch the turncoats rush to shout ‘I’m backing Rishi’. Bloody weasels!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-10-2022 at 09:29 PM.

My suspicion is also that Bozza failed to reach the magic number and is lying to avoid embarrassment to his ego. Sunak has, apparently, topped 150 backers. That leaves just 200 for Mordaunt. She has yet to reach the 100 required backers but still believes she will. I don't. Come 14:00 UK time today, Sunak will be the only runner in the PM Stakes and will become the 3rd PM in 4 months. The 80 seat majority from the last election gives him a political mandate. It does not, however, give him a moral mandate and, IMO, most of the country would agree with that.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, I started to wonder if the lettuce voted Leaf or Romaine......

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Meanwhile, elsewhere, I started to wonder if the lettuce voted Leaf or Romaine......
    Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Nice one
    Meanwhile I'm pissing myself laughing as numerous Tory members spit feathers and say their resigning due to Sunak being appointed!! Some presumably because they weren't given the chance to vote for Johnson but many because for the average gammon, having an ethnic minority as leader is beyond what they can stomach.

And so it came to pass that Brexsh1t has as foretold by project fear, f***ed the country, torn the Tory party into at lest 3 different factions and suspended any belief by the rest of the world that Britain is in any way "great"!

If the situation regarding the economy ad the suffering some people are enduring was so serious it would be very very funny.

Oh well Sunak had better be prepared for the fact that he may be leader, but that doesn't mean whatever he does will be supported by his party! I foresee many a vicious infighting and serial rebellion as MP's realise they are ****ed at the next election and extract as much revenge as they can, plus the brexish1teers will be fighting a rear guard action to preserve what ever they can of their beloved fatally flawed project!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    And so it came to pass that Brexsh1t has as foretold by project fear, f***ed the country
    Confirmed by a BBC expert on Beeb Brekkie in Downing Street this morning (pleasant young lady in a yellow coat). When explaining the current state of affairs, she acknowledged that things like Covid and Ukraine had a negative effect on finances but said very clearly that Brexit was the main reason. Anyone arguing with that position, speak to her, not me, I'm only the messenger.

Now, Rishi... There was a piece on a Dutch talk show last night where they showed a 6 month old video of Sunak at a petrol station. He'd filled the car up, went inside and picked up a can of what looked to be cola and went to pay. The cashier told him how much. Sunak took his PIN card out of his wallet and...... had simply no idea what to do, where to put the card, how to pay "contactless". I can't see him having the slightest idea of how rough the worst off 30% are currently having it. I also read a rumour that he'd borrowed a Skoda for the photo/video opportunity rather than using his own gas guzzler.

New PM, same old 5h1t show it would appear.

Having got well beyond 1500 reasons not to return to the UK to live, I stopped counting but it's a lot.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)