+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Huns v The Dons

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    You been at the cooking sherry min? Robbie Neilson is fecking rank and no better than what we have under Goodwin. Plenty of gripes down at Gorgie about his abilities too and they supposedly have a bigger budget as well.
    This season was always going to be tricky for us with the huge change in personnel and never in a million years were all signings going to work out.

He will get this season, bar a total collapse in form but he has to work on the c apitulations we have seen yesterday and at the jute and Hibs games.

Cooking Sherry ! widnae quite cut it after that defending yesterday, Aye Robbie Neilson why not ? If we were to recruit from another SPL club outside the cheeks who better ? his record in his first spell with Hertz was excellent, He got the pikeys up at the second attempt and has been fairly consistent in his 2nd spell @Hertz, Put it this way he's far better than Goodwin, As far as I have seen no team of his would perform with that level of footballing unawareness, Anyway the chance is missed and we have Goodwin Which inevitably leads me to the Owners footballing acumen ambition and vision, .

But that said I wish him well (Goodwin) and will be very happy to be proved wrong,

Robbie Neilsons record in his first spell, included fans chipping in to hire a plane to fly a banner over the ground, in an effort to get rid of the c*nt

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Robbie Neilsons record in his first spell, included fans chipping in to hire a plane to fly a banner over the ground, in an effort to get rid of the c*nt
    Well the Jambo fan's must be far less patience than we are ! As this protest by a few fans was more or less based on an embarrassing defeat to Brora, Look the point I was making was Goodwin was appointed on a very flimsy record, And if we were going to appoint from within the SPL Neilson was a far better choice on record on experience, and a better Manager than Goodwin IMO, its academic now and would have Neilson have come to us ? As I also said I will give Goodwin more time before I make my final assessment on him... Tho I remain unconvinced at the mo,

C'mon

We all worried about hammer throwing anti fitba.

We're getting the opposite, it'll work out.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    C'mon

We all worried about hammer throwing anti fitba.

We're getting the opposite, it'll work out.
    it's thrilling some of the time , but frustrating most of the time

we've been riding our luck ; most teams haven't taken advantage of our glaring deficiencies

it's a different kind of awful football to be sure

it's hope football , like 'hope chess' , where we sort of throw everything at em & hope our opponent makes more blunders than we do

It sort of feels like we should have a home team/formation and an away team/formation.

I would stick with the gung-ho 352 formation at home and just look to outscore the opposition, which I genuinely think we will do the majority of the games we play.

For away games I just don't think we can afford to have Richardson in the team either at right back or right wing back as he is half asleep most of the time defensively. I would play a back four with McCrorie at right back (until we can sign a proper right back hopefully in January) and go back to just one up front (Duk rather than Miovski as Miovski just doesn't offer enough to the team when we are away from home) so something like the following if everyone is fit

Roos
    McCrorie Stewart Scales Coulson
    Ramadani Barron
    Besuijen Clarkson Hayes
    Duk

I think you are right. given our present very poor away form, we need to think about defending first . Our attack can take care of itself.

Ref your team selection. Do you think Coulson is a better defending right back than McKenzie ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    I think you are right. given our present very poor away form, we need to think about defending first . Our attack can take care of itself.

Ref your team selection. Do you think Coulson is a better defending right back than McKenzie ?
    Yes I do, I'm not sure MacKenzie is going to make it as he also suffers from lapses of concentration. The problem I have with Coulson is he is made of paper mache so no guarantee he will ever last 90 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    It sort of feels like we should have a home team/formation and an away team/formation.

I would stick with the gung-ho 352 formation at home and just look to outscore the opposition, which I genuinely think we will do the majority of the games we play.

For away games I just don't think we can afford to have Richardson in the team either at right back or right wing back as he is half asleep most of the time defensively. I would play a back four with McCrorie at right back (until we can sign a proper right back hopefully in January) and go back to just one up front (Duk rather than Miovski as Miovski just doesn't offer enough to the team when we are away from home) so something like the following if everyone is fit

Roos
    McCrorie Stewart Scales Coulson
    Ramadani Barron
    Besuijen Clarkson Hayes
    Duk
    You've a better footballing brain than Goodwin, But I hope the afore mentioned has learned from Saturday and adjusts accordingly, What has not really been mentioned is the Huns spending power compared to us that is always puts us at a disadvantage ..But that said we must compete in every part of the field ! And that's down to the manager to drum that right into the team/players and from what I saw on Saturday that didn't happen, There is having a go and competing a subtle difference,

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910