+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Huns v The Dons

Need a proper right back in next
    window.
    Getting McRorie back in midfield in games lime this is a must

After getting refused 4 times to get in because I had a few shandies, eventually got in at 2.59pm.

We were decent until we scored, but by Christ we were shocking after that. Midfield and full-backs totally overrun and it could easily have been 8 or 9. It’s great trying to play attacking football, but at Ibrox you do have to temper your enthusiasm a little.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    After getting refused 4 times to get in because I had a few shandies, eventually got in at 2.59pm.

We were decent until we scored, but by Christ we were shocking after that. Midfield and full-backs totally overrun and it could easily have been 8 or 9. It’s great trying to play attacking football, but at Ibrox you do have to temper your enthusiasm a little.
    "sheepcrooky he's one of our own"

Changed days.

Lee Mair commented on RedTV it's great having attacking full backs but your first job is to defend. I like Goodwin's commitment to attacking football, it's a relief after the last few years, but yesterday he got it wrong. I think it also showed Barron and Clarkson might be decent players but they are no Cooper (RIP) Simmie combo in the middle of the park - once Ramadani was booked there wasn't going to be much tackling going on before the huns got to our penalty box.

Just watched the debacle at Ibrox and it was a total embarrassment. I didn't expect them to win yesterday as I knew Rangers would fight like a wounded animal and particularly as it was against us. It was like men against boys and could have been 7 or 8. I knew playing 3 at the back would not work with Kent and Sakala flying down the flanks and getting the crosses in. It was not working but Goodwin never changed it! Where was the plan B? Mabye he should have looked at what Livi did last weekend as they defended a hell of a lot better than we did. I am going to see them against Hibs next Friday and I hope for a lot better fare.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    nobody hates rangers more than me.
    I could certainly challenge you on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    Just watched the debacle at Ibrox and it was a total embarrassment. I didn't expect them to win yesterday as I knew Rangers would fight like a wounded animal and particularly as it was against us. It was like men against boys and could have been 7 or 8. I knew playing 3 at the back would not work with Kent and Sakala flying down the flanks and getting the crosses in. It was not working but Goodwin never changed it! Where was the plan B? Mabye he should have looked at what Livi did last weekend as they defended a hell of a lot better than we did. I am going to see them against Hibs next Friday and I hope for a lot better fare.
    He hasn't ever got a plan B the guy is a thick smirking tim ****

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    I could certainly challenge you on that one.
    Nah
    Not more

Why were we not wearing our proper RED strip?

After a few hours to calm down and reflect on yesterday's game at a place where I would never expect a result. Nope still angry as f uck at such a lame effort from everyone involved especially our eejit manager. He has no ability to change a game in time to have any impact on the result. Yes, set out an attacking team but when everyone bar one can see it is not working surely changing it is a no brainer. He is not learning from his mistakes nor is he admitting to them. I honestly don't rate him at all. St Mirren was his peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Need a proper right back in next
    window.
    Getting McRorie back in midfield in games lime this is a must
    McRorie in midfield isn't the answer either, as he is not a midfielder. He can do a job, just like he can at right back or centre half, but not the answer long term. Not going to be popular on here, but we miss Ferguson in the centre of the park.

Agree 100% on the right back though.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast