+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Derby v Exeter City.

I hope Clowes wont buckle to fan pressure

Yes its not good but its early in Warnes tenure and we are a good 4 or even 5 players from being a proper Warne side

Hourihane, Bird and McGoldrick wont be here beyond January if Warne can help it, Chester and Stearman are done as well

Mendez might stay but Barky will be off as well

2 wing backs, 2 more energetic and younger fitter powerful centre backs, a proper 2 nd striker and a bast@rd of a central mid player will be the targets youd imagine. Lets be honest this isnt a good squad for the style Warne wants, but it wasnt getting promoted with Rosienior ball either so I could care less.

You can see what Warne wants adn is trying to do, its just we havent the right players and attitudes to make if click.. yet.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    The old saying 'theres always the next game' is what keeps fans from suicidal tendencies and perhaps all we need is the rub of the green, one good result or one half decent set of officials and away we go! Who knows? Let's hope your optimism is realised, however, with regards to your political worries forget Sunk and Co look east and worry about that bonkers idiot!
    Look at it like that indeed ie always the next game

Im glad we’re finaly trying something different than 433, it was fantastic in 2013/14 with the intricate well drilled diagnols but for years weve kept trying to play it with players not able to do it.

Theres more than one way to skin a cat and football is suppose to be fun. League 1 or Prem it makes no difference, our rivals are who we in the same league with and at this time thats Peterbrough, Barnsley, Exeter etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Still...we somehow remain just five points off the playoffs with a game (or 2 in some cases) in hand. Looking at the fixtures I can honestly see us picking up 20 or so points - beginning with three on Saturday - between now and the New Year which would keep us well in touch.

I may be devoid of any optimism as regards our country’s political plight, but hope still burns eternal where Derby are concerned.
    Then again...we may lose on Saturday and my optimism will crash and burn as I’m proved to be talking bollux...again!
    You cant really think like that though. We get whatever points we get, its a nice thought to add 20 points to those round of games but you only end up angry if you dont get them. Game by game basis see we’re we are end of November, performances need to pick up to start building confidence.

Bristol Rovers are a bast@rd side as well, nasty ****ers on the pitch, all the dark arts will be out in all its glory, with Barton instigating it from the touchline.. its one for the purists

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I hope Clowes wont buckle to fan pressure

Yes its not good but its early in Warnes tenure and we are a good 4 or even 5 players from being a proper Warne side

Hourihane, Bird and McGoldrick wont be here beyond January if Warne can help it, Chester and Stearman are done as well

Mendez might stay but Barky will be off as well

2 wing backs, 2 more energetic and younger fitter powerful centre backs, a proper 2 nd striker and a bast@rd of a central mid player will be the targets youd imagine. Lets be honest this isnt a good squad for the style Warne wants, but it wasnt getting promoted with Rosienior ball either so I could care less.

You can see what Warne wants adn is trying to do, its just we havent the right players and attitudes to make if click.. yet.
    What the **** are you on? None of those players will leave in January! Why? Because the club won't be able to replace them! What part of the club has limited funds and a constraint on expenditure due to the business plan agreed with the EFL do you not understand?

Warne will be looking to get some players in to provide some depth and younger legs that aren't inexperienced kids yes, but they will be free transfers, players nearing the end of their contract or loans. Your wish list is a clear sign you have no concept of reality. But of course that's typical for many fans like you who quickly forget we almost didn't have a club!!

In reality, as Warne said, the 1st half wasn't acceptable, they bucked things up in the second half and to be fair were unlucky not to score, it seems keepers are having their ace games when playing against Derby at the moment.

Overall we are where I thought we would be, if we can keep in touch through to January I still think we could finish in the play offs and that would be a good result.

If there’s such a thing as good and bad frustration I at least feel less frustrated that we are on the front foot and (relatively) failing rather than dilling around and failing. The seemingly perpetual act of turning back from a promising position under LR was p***ing me off

And, disagreeing with DCFCA, I think the defence is up to the task. The stats appear to confirm this

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    You cant really think like that though. We get whatever points we get, its a nice thought to add 20 points to those round of games but you only end up angry if you dont get them. Game by game basis see we’re we are end of November, performances need to pick up to start building confidence.

Bristol Rovers are a bast@rd side as well, nasty ****ers on the pitch, all the dark arts will be out in all its glory, with Barton instigating it from the touchline.. its one for the purists
    Not sure why I ‘can’t really think like that’. I’ve looked at the fixtures and I can see, without being overly optimistic, where another twenty points may come from by the end of the year.
    I might be wrong of course and it could all depend on fate and fortune (injuries and officials) but every football prediction has a big ‘IF’ attached to it.
    Either way I think my prediction/guess is more realistic than your suggestion that we’ll be shipping out six players in January. No idea how that might happen but...we’ll see.

I don’t really do ‘angry’ over football, except when players don’t try. Like Andy I get frustrated but seldom ‘angry’.

Purists 3 v B@stard Side 1
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-10-2022 at 08:44 AM.

In reply to Andy, LR was saying all season, well, the bit he was in charge of that he was constantly telling the players to be more adventurous, to take risks, to play through the lines quicker. We know that's true as it has been confirmed in interviews by Sibs and others. It was the players not following instructions that was the cause of the dilly-dallying and constant back passes.

With regard to January, Warne has said that there are players in the squad who don't fit his preferred tactics. I'm expecting some movement in that direction in January. He'll look to find 2, maybe 3 players who fit "Warneball" and possibly ship out as many to ensure we stay within the bounds of the "business plan". Any incoming will be free agents, free transfers or free loans on relatively small wages. No outs means no ins IMO.

What I don't get is this. Warne is playing "Warneball" knowing some of the team aren't compatible to it. Wouldn't it be eminently wiser to, until such time as he has sufficient "Warneballers" in the squad, to utilise a system whereby he gets the best out of the players he has? Be that the Xmas tree, 1433, 14231, 1532, 1352, 14141 or whatever, Warneball will work if you have a squad of Warneballers. We don't, so why the hell are we playing Warneball?

I know not everybody likes stats but here's one to cogitate...... Rosenior was in charge for 12 matches in League and Cups. Won 7, drew 2 and lost 3. A 58.33% win rate. Warne has played 7 games, W2, D2, L3 for a win rate of 28.57%. Not slating Warne as someone who will take us forward as I think he will eventually but I do believe that these stats show he should take his time to reshape the squad within the financial constraints BUT until he's at that point, he should play to the strengths of players we have, rather than have players playing to their weaknesses.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 27-10-2022 at 09:09 AM.

You cant just add 20 points by looking at a set of fixtures or think your going to get them

As for the argument that they wont be leaving maybe that will be true but they wont be here long term that js certain, Warne is a master at getting players on the cheap and we will be going for the Matt Crooks types over weak players like Bird

I think he will stick to the style hes always played and show Clowes what he needs, its simpler to do that rather than starting 433 then slowly changing to 352 and his style through the next two or three transfer windows, short term pain for long term planning

Its obvious already where we are lacking. Bird, Hourihane, Barkhuizen, Dobbin Chester, Stearman to name but a few do not have a future with Warne, either no legs or no heart for the battle sorry. Im with Warne and Clowes, that acedamy has produced players that arent up to the englisb game, weve made hardly **** all money from it and weve been robbed of any actual talent and got nothing for them. Down grade it and get back to basics ffs, get back to signing first team plyers circa 2010.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)