+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good ebening

I was looking at a flower and saw two bees who supported villa. They were buzzing about the new appointment.

In all seriousness i havent a clue if hes any good.

A proven manager, over 900 games, won silverware, his WORST win % is 46 - chuffed we've got him.

my son, who does a football podcast, tells emery is a really good manager... that will do for me. i dont follow football, only villa, but this appointment is the most exciting since o'neil.

Good record, time will tell whether it is an inspired one or not. I wish him and Aston Villa F.C. well.

Not overwhelmed, to be honest.

What is the matter with you guys? Forget the media bull****e and lazy journalism about him and look at his actual record over the past few years, Arteta is still not up to his stats at Arsenal despite spending 400m, he has multiple european trophies, he COACHES as well as buying, despite ***staking media his english is as good if not better than half the scousers and jocks in the prem ,Id take good ebening over yeaaaaaaaah cors anyday. He may not be the messiah, but he is so much better than pretty much all the names we have had thrown at us, and he plays 4-2-1-3 which seems to suit our current squad. Also look at the performance of his strikers at arse and psg, they performed better for him than any of their other coaches. Welcome Unai, and good luck.

Well if you liken them both to cars, Gerrard and Emery. You could say Gerrard was a Farrari but with the Engine of a Metro, where as Emery is more like A Rolls Royce, expensive unique, proven with a touch of class!

We’ve been through too many false starts to be overwhelmed but I’m not underwhelmed either which I suppose is good.

Hopefully he’s finally the one.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolvillan View Post
    What is the matter with you guys? Forget the media bull****e and lazy journalism about him and look at his actual record over the past few years, Arteta is still not up to his stats at Arsenal despite spending 400m, he has multiple european trophies, he COACHES as well as buying, despite ***staking media his english is as good if not better than half the scousers and jocks in the prem ,Id take good ebening over yeaaaaaaaah cors anyday. He may not be the messiah, but he is so much better than pretty much all the names we have had thrown at us, and he plays 4-2-1-3 which seems to suit our current squad. Also look at the performance of his strikers at arse and psg, they performed better for him than any of their other coaches. Welcome Unai, and good luck.
    Nowt wrong with me OSV. Let's see how he does before we get too excited. As I said, I wish him well.

I look forward to seeing his version of the Villa, over there, soon (we didn't travel over for the scouser's version).

Not overwhelmed is how I presently feel towards the appointment. I look forward to being overwhelmed in the future.

UTV

Yeah, in fairness I wasnt having a pop at you exiled, just one or two on here seemed to be quite negative about a pretty good appointment, I cant name the last manager we had that averaged 50% wins over their career.

I'm happy, just hope he finds room for Danks even if he is a blue nose, continuity!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)