+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Cup Third Round

Scottish Cup Third Round

Greenock Morton at Cappielow

https://www.qosfc.com/news-5915

Apart from ICT away, - probably the hardest possible draw.

Shame we didn't get one of the Junior teams at Palmerston bringing a decent crowd down, - but alas, - we will just have to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post

Shame we didn't get one of the Junior teams at Palmerston bringing a decent crowd down, - but alas, - we will just have to give it a go.
    Not much luck with the draw and yet another away game - now 5 - with only the Bairns and Montrose at home in the coming weeks

I had hopes for a similar fixture but an away one. A split of the gate and a wee trip to pastures new would have made a nice change.

Agreed, - a trip to Bonyrigg Rose, or one of the Ayrshire Juniors would have been a very interesting tie.

Its a shame that the league clubs weren't pulled out of one pot, - to avoid this sort of clash. I'm sure the non league clubs would all appreciate a chance of getting one of the 'big boys.' The trouble then would be determining whether the tie was played at home or away.

Of course, - I know that Bonyrigg are a league club, - but I was harking back to a few seasons ago, - when they brought an amazing crowd down to Palmy.

Of course, - I know that Bonyrigg are a league club, - but I was harking back to a few seasons ago, - when they brought an amazing crowd down to Palmy.
    I remember Linlithgow Rose at Palmy in our run up to the 2008 Cup Final and they brought a decent following that boosted the crowd to just over 3,000

Agreed, - a trip to Bonyrigg Rose, or one of the Ayrshire Juniors would have been a very interesting tie.

Its a shame that the league clubs weren't pulled out of one pot, - to avoid this sort of clash. I'm sure the non league clubs would all appreciate a chance of getting one of the 'big boys.' The trouble then would be determining whether the tie was played at home or away.
    And would have involved some proper creative thinking from the chaps at the SFA...

Yes, - one option would be separate the league clubs; draw the team they are playing against, - and then simply toss a coin to see who plays at home. Not a lot of effort for some very exciting and unique ties every year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)