+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team for Torquay

Team for Torquay

Same as for Wealdstone I think, with the inclusion of Baldwin for the suspended Brindley. This may be a blessing in disguise, ( not that Baldwin weakens the side) but I think RB has been below par for a while and it might just give him a kick up the Hàagen Dazs. Plus giving him some recovery time, as LW mentioned he might need managing, minutes wise, after his last injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Same as for Wealdstone I think, with the inclusion of Baldwin for the suspended Brindley. This may be a blessing in disguise, ( not that Baldwin weakens the side) but I think RB has been below par for a while and it might just give him a kick up the Hàagen Dazs. Plus giving him some recovery time, as LW mentioned he might need managing, minutes wise, after his last injury.
    Brindley has been fine, but he has a dual role to play as a ball playing centre back and also covering for Nemane who isn't a natural defender. Cameron on the other side has the confidence knowing Chicksen is a defender that can go forward so will be less exposed where as Brindley is aware Nemane is a winger who has added defensive responsibilities if that makes sense. Last year he was playing with attacking defenders as the RWB, this year he isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Brindley has been fine, but he has a dual role to play as a ball playing centre back and also covering for Nemane who isn't a natural defender. Cameron on the other side has the confidence knowing Chicksen is a defender that can go forward so will be less exposed where as Brindley is aware Nemane is a winger who has added defensive responsibilities if that makes sense. Last year he was playing with attacking defenders as the RWB, this year he isn't
    A question fot those ITK:

Is Brindley banned for 1 0r 2 games?

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    A question fot those ITK:

Is Brindley banned for 1 0r 2 games?
    Double booking so would be a 1 game ban I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Double booking so would be a 1 game ban I believe
    That's what i thought but mates are telling me 2 bookings = a 2 game suaspension.

I hope it's just a 1 game ban as I don't want to change the defence for one of our bogey teams i.e. Bromley on Tuesday..,

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    That's what i thought but mates are telling me 2 bookings = a 2 game suaspension.

I hope it's just a 1 game ban as I don't want to change the defence for one of our bogey teams i.e. Bromley on Tuesday..,
    2Y, /1R = 1 game ban

If the 2Y give him a total of more than 5 bookings so this season that is another 1 game ban

Pretty sure that is 4 bookings:
    Gateshead
    Wrexham
    Wealdstone x 2

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    Pretty sure that is 4 bookings:
    Gateshead
    Wrexham
    Wealdstone x 2
    I’m reasonably sure the two yellows from Wealdstone now don’t count towards the ‘totting up’.

The team picks itself apart from replacing Brindley.

To maximise chances of beating the bottom club at home, TAR would be the pick IMO as he'd provide the forward runs and pace in that right-sided role.

But assuming we can beat them anyway, we have to get Baldwin some game time - he might be needed as soon as Bromley, so better to get him as many minutes as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    The team picks itself apart from replacing Brindley.

To maximise chances of beating the bottom club at home, TAR would be the pick IMO as he'd provide the forward runs and pace in that right-sided role.

But assuming we can beat them anyway, we have to get Baldwin some game time - he might be needed as soon as Bromley, so better to get him as many minutes as possible.
    Baldwin in for Brindley seems the most natural swap. With his lack of recent minutes however I'd be tempted to shift Baj back there and bring Austin into the middle. If we're cruising at half-time bring Ruben off so he's fresh for Tuesday and then bring Baldwin on and push Baj back into midfield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast