+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Matchday Thread: Derby v Bristol Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hmmm...so ‘a couple of times today’ we didn’t defend throw ins very well. You do know that we won today...and scored four...don’t you Mr. Happy?
    Chortle away rA but I KNOW you’ll be checking it out at the next match

Great result, McGoldricks 1st half was one of the best performances in a long time.

Thought the ref was OTT with his gesticulations on time wasting, didnt think it was as bad as we was making out, we have been on the end of far worse with no action taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Chortle away rA but I KNOW you’ll be checking it out at the next match
    Lol...methinks you flatter yourself Mein Führer.

As for giving away possession from all but ‘around’ 10% of our throw ins and the manager not caring. Seems a tad unlikely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...methinks you flatter yourself Mein Führer.

As for giving away possession from all but ‘around’ 10% of our throw ins and the manager not caring. Seems a tad unlikely to me.
    All I can say rA is you seem to have an admirer

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    All I can say rA is you seem to have an admirer
    Lol...‘admirer’ or stalker?

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Great result, McGoldricks 1st half was one of the best performances in a long time.

Thought the ref was OTT with his gesticulations on time wasting, didnt think it was as bad as we was making out, we have been on the end of far worse with no action taken.
    I think we have caught the league 1 timewasting bug, possibly a Warne ‘skill’

Don’t mind refs like that if they are consistent across both sides, I thought he was

I don't mind any ref who applies the Laws. Problem at this level is that they (choose your preference) can't/won't/don't and those they do apply aren't handled in a consistent manner.

Their first? We block a goal attempt on the line and it falls to an opponent 4 yards out... goal.
    Their second? It was a penalty, dangle a leg out to your left when the ball has gone to your right and the player falls over your outstretched leg is one every day of the week. That's 6 we've had given against us in the past 4 games. IMO of those 6, 2 were nailed on, 2 weren't and 2 were of the variety that some refs will give and others wouldn't.

Smith. The incident when he and their striker tangled, Smith fell and we got the free kick. Good job too as the striker would have been 1 on 1 with Wildsmith and may well have scored. We got lucky, IMO. the striker did, indeed have hold of Smith's shirt but the opposite was also true, Smith had hold of him. Many a ref, me included, would have seen that as a six and 2 threes and played on. The "logic" being the 2 players are fouling each other simultaneously and you can't punish both so you punish neither, unless it's perfectly clear which of the 2 offended first. At speed, that's very hard to do.

We were helped by a big mistake by Barton. He picked an attacking side as he thought that would take advantage of what he perceived to be our weak defence. Pre game we had the 2nd best goals against record, post game. We are now level best with Bolton, Barnsley and Fleetwood. Barton set up and created the conditions which allowed us to get 4 goals in the first half. Thanks Joey.

Not for the first time this season we were less effective in the 2nd half. Is that a problem? I'd suggest it may well be an Achilles' heel if we don't correct it.

Tomorrow Morecambe won't be setting up to attack us. They are averaging 3/4 of a goal per game and conceding an average of 1 5/8 goals per game. Unless we give another penalty away, I don't see them scoring and we should get 2, maybe more.

Loved the crisp passing moves we saw.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)