+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Derby v Bristol Rovers

Matchday Thread: Derby v Bristol Rovers

So, from social media accounts it appears Paul Warne's honeymoon period is over, and it was more Redcar in Jan than an idyllic South Asian island anyway

BUT, we have the comfort of knowing that we are nailed on for at least 20 guaranteed points by turn of the year (source rA), just a question of where the balance of 4 points will be dropped

Will it be tomorrow?

Anyone?

If we drop any of those four points tomorrow, then we wont be dropping 4 points but rather more.

3-0 win against hated local rivals: well for me growing up they were anyway. Long time since we played them but didnt we lose 3-2 in the cup back in the last millenium courtesy of Nathan Ellington, later of this parish

Bit of a threadbare squad, but going for 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    So, from social media accounts it appears Paul Warne's honeymoon period is over, and it was more Redcar in Jan than an idyllic South Asian island anyway

BUT, we have the comfort of knowing that we are nailed on for at least 20 guaranteed points by turn of the year (source rA), just a question of where the balance of 4 points will be dropped

Will it be tomorrow?

Anyone?
    Jeez...you really can’t help yourself can you?
    Firstly, there are ten league matches between now and the window opening...that’s thirty possible points. Secondly, I ‘guaranteed’ nothing...I simply said I could see where we COULD get 20 points from between now and then and that I’d be surprised if we got less than 15 which would keep us ‘in touch’ with the playoffs.

Profound apologies for attempting to remain optimistic.

As regards today, I’d be more optimistic if Knight was back, which apparently he isn’t, but I’ll still go for Warne’s first home victory and a (very) hard fought 3-1 win.

For the benefit of our moderator...that’s my hopeful prediction (not a ‘nailed on guarantee’) on what I thought was an uncontroversial DCFC thread.

Its your turn for the misinterpretation and clear rewriting of what you acually post rA, I guess I've given him slim pickings lately. He'd sounds very much like Truss's speech writer!

Given the volatile nature of their manager, I just hope Warne isn't drawn into some physical interaction!

Collins returns scores a hat trick as the doomsters and gloomsters are shown to be wrong! 3-0

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    If we drop any of those four points tomorrow, then we wont be dropping 4 points but rather more.

3-0 win against hated local rivals: well for me growing up they were anyway. Long time since we played them but didnt we lose 3-2 in the cup back in the last millenium courtesy of Nathan Ellington, later of this parish
    I remember that game, think we had Paul Jewell in charge, who was supposed to be someone who knew how to get teams back up. I hope that's where the parallels end!

Going 1-0. Hopefully it will shut the moaners up temporarily who for some reason expect us to walk the league.

I thought it was way before Jewell 1990s or early 2000

Just checked - we as at the end of the Todd managerial career, just before Gregory. Ravanelli scored for us (it was 1-3) Ellington 3 for them

At first sight we are taking on one of the form teams of the division. 3 wins and 3 draws in their last 6 League games including draws against Wendy and Plymouth in their last 2 games Their other draw was against Exeter (2-2) against whom we managed very little last week. That points you to a draw at best.

However, the Derby way has always been to end other teams' runs, be they good ones or bad ones, so, our history points us at a win.

Collo is back today, or should I say, he's available. No guarantee he'll start but I think he will, quite possibly in a two with Osula. Dobbin on the bench to come and and work wonders with his speed in the last half hour.

At the back we have..... if it's a back 3 it's Stearman Cashin Fozzy. NML and Roberts at wing back. Smith Bird Hourihane centrally.

Wildsmith between the sticks. If it's a back 4 then I think it will be Smith Stearman Cashin Fozzy. MF of NML Bird Hourihane Roberts with Collins and Osula up top.

These suggestions are merely my thoughts, not necessarily what PW will do.

So, the score? They score a lot but concede slightly more (25-27). We score few but concede less (15-12) and only Bolton (11) have conceded less. 1-1.

Wendy fans have expressed their surprise at how good Bradford were, they very difficult to play against and, at times, completely dominated the game. Same from Plymouth fans.
    I'm afraid a 1-2 defeat looms.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)