+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barrow

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    A couple of hours to Barrow, good luck with that one.....Professional clubs and quite a few non league do overnight, it's all about giving the team the best chance of success.

A couple of things, AM can talk for a long time without saying anything and I wonder why we weren't in for Josh Gordon, lives locally and knows where the net is.

AM talked about the trapdoor which I thought was a bit presumptuous and negative, we are not there yet but improvement is necessary and quickly.

We are only a few weeks away from the trap door we are such a poor team with very little quality too many players overrated Zak Williams being one rank average at best and looks a non league journeyman footballer in the making, the only decent kid we have is Tabiner and Morris has over used him. I’m afraid Morris is way way way out of his depth and we have to stop thinking that Reaseheath is the only place that we get our recruitment from kiddie coaches don’t make good first team managers the only reason the board recruits from there is because they don’t have to give him any money just a few quid and a raft of overrated paperboys it’s a joke, the club is being run by amateurs nd they are taking us out of the football league, a few weeks ago I asked what needed to be done because I could see this coming and the silence was deafening I wonder wether we want league football in the town we need to rise up and let the board know that their plan is not working and not acceptable, our current board reminds me of the Conservative party everybody knows they are doing a crap job but we can’t get rid of the clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    A couple of hours to Barrow, good luck with that one.....Professional clubs and quite a few non league do overnight, it's all about giving the team the best chance of success.

A couple of things, AM can talk for a long time without saying anything and I wonder why we weren't in for Josh Gordon, lives locally and knows where the net is.

AM talked about the trapdoor which I thought was a bit presumptuous and negative, we are not there yet but improvement is necessary and quickly.
    See you have brought me in again...

I recall getting to Barrow in about 2 hours in 1960 and rail transport supposed to have improved and so just checked train times and its just over 2 hours...What a memory!

No, the team could have gone on the train mid morning and be picked up at the station...Its all a load of bosh to claim the Alex were not a professional club back then. Even more so as few non players were around the team in those days and now we have half a dozen managers/coaches at each game and lose 3-0 to tranmere and Barrow...

I told you players used to travel twice as far on the same day as the match and were very successful...

Too many easy days means too many difficult games and no incentives in fact just like today. Can someone explain the purpose of an academy to come up with such abject performances? We could have saved 5 players weekly wage today by stopping these overnight trips....or tripe as I printed first...

Wow! Some names appearing on thread that haven't graced us for a long time! We must be doing badly!!! (NOT referring to Wartman, who is nothing if not consistent)
    I am wearing specs at the moment but they are grubby and definitely not rose-tinted. We ARE doing badly but the situation looks worse by virtue of a good start. Had the team spread the wins and draws around a bit, then there would be more a sense of being a mid-table team, which is what many would have predicted/hoped for at the start of the season. I recommend people read one of the latest opinion pieces (written by Mark Birtles) on the Railway Review site referring to 'moving goalposts'. We are currently missing 4 key players that any team in this division would struggle without. Hopefully most of them will back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    See you have brought me in again...

I recall getting to Barrow in about 2 hours in 1960 and rail transport supposed to have improved and so just checked train times and its just over 2 hours...What a memory!

No, the team could have gone on the train mid morning and be picked up at the station...Its all a load of bosh to claim the Alex were not a professional club back then. Even more so as few non players were around the team in those days and now we have half a dozen managers/coaches at each game and lose 3-0 to tranmere and Barrow...

I told you players used to travel twice as far on the same day as the match and were very successful...

Too many easy days means too many difficult games and no incentives in fact just like today. Can someone explain the purpose of an academy to come up with such abject performances? We could have saved 5 players weekly wage today by stopping these overnight trips....or tripe as I printed first...
    In the last 62 years things have moved on exponentially.
    Last edited by Terry Harkin; 29-10-2022 at 10:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12