+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We got what we wanted...

First of all, with 3 top players out, - surely some of us might have expected a tough game? Even with a full squad, Falkirk were always going to be smarting from their home defeat to Kelty.

Now, - for the love of the wee man, - what has Mr Hewitson being on holiday got to do with his lack of passion for his hame team? Please allow the man a life, - and get a life yourselves. As for the perpetual back-biting with regards to the amount of money he puts into the club, - that needs to be thought through too. Mo-one has come forward to take on the club, - and why would they? - if all they get is people taking pot shots at them, - right, left and centre!

We've had a bad result, - the performance was not good, and some players made some mistakes yesterday, - but that does not (in my opinion) permit people to shout all sorts of abuse at the chairman, - who after all, has done his best in keeping us full time and putting together a squad which was stronger than last season.

Unless those who shout the loudest have the resources and the ability to do better, - and are willing to stand up and take on the task, - then please, allow the people who are in charge some respect please.

There are times that you just have to acknowledge that we were second best to a very good looking Falkirk team. Yes we didn't help ourselves giving up the ball too easily for the first two goals but they had us on the back foot from the start and some of their forward play was superb in the accuracy and speed of passing which we couldn't live with. Clearly missing the central spine of the team but doubt if that would have made much difference with the Falkirk that gave us a footballing lesson which begs the question as to why they are not running away with this division? In Burrell and Morrison they have a couple of players head and shoulders above most in the league and would doubt that they can hold onto these two for another season but given Falkirk's resources you never know.
    Gibson didn't look fit to me, not helped by an early crunching tackle and badly struggled throughout. Not sure what more McKechnie needs to do get get on?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Listen here son. He don’t even attend games but you’ve always got far too much to say.
    You’re no Queens support especially with a user name like ALBERTZ..

I’ll continue to support my club through the good & bad times.
    The only reason I don't attend Queens games is due to the fact I work Saturdays.
    Plus whether I attend games or not, any supporter has the right to their opinions.
    Another thing, it doesn't matter what my username is......I've probably got more posts than anyone on the forum.
    Plus my Uncle Jimmy who passed away last week aged 87, who I went to the majority of my Queens home games with was lying in the Chapel of Rest at Jardine's yesterday in Terregles Street and we are laying him to rest on Thursday....

Commiserations to you sir at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Commiserations to you sir at this time.
    Thank you. Most appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    First of all, with 3 top players out, - surely some of us might have expected a tough game? Even with a full squad, Falkirk were always going to be smarting from their home defeat to Kelty.

Now, - for the love of the wee man, - what has Mr Hewitson being on holiday got to do with his lack of passion for his hame team? Please allow the man a life, - and get a life yourselves. As for the perpetual back-biting with regards to the amount of money he puts into the club, - that needs to be thought through too. Mo-one has come forward to take on the club, - and why would they? - if all they get is people taking pot shots at them, - right, left and centre!

We've had a bad result, - the performance was not good, and some players made some mistakes yesterday, - but that does not (in my opinion) permit people to shout all sorts of abuse at the chairman, - who after all, has done his best in keeping us full time and putting together a squad which was stronger than last season.

Unless those who shout the loudest have the resources and the ability to do better, - and are willing to stand up and take on the task, - then please, allow the people who are in charge some respect please.
    Firstly who said that staying full time at this level was a good thing. The wages players are on we are missing a trick in good part time players who have good jobs and also compete easily at this level, so why there is a desire to stay completely full time I have no idea. Secondly I pay my money to see a club I love slowly getting washed down to plug hole by lack of investment. The ground is a ****hole, the staff are non existent, volunteers at the club have previously been forced out the door. But my main gripe is the manager. The chairman was responsible for taking a cheap option in mr Gibson and we are reaping the rewards. You say yesterdays display was poor. I’d say it was embarrassing. We were missing 3 players. Falkirk are likely to say the same.
    We play with absolutely no width yet the manager has 4 wingers at his disposal. We have a giant of a centre forwards but play a game plan that gives us minimal crosses into the box. We continue to play currie with fox left mostly on the bench. And as for Wilson, how many games has he actually started. If this was a one off display I’d say we just didn’t play well, but this is the standard we have reached. Our standards are beating Edinburgh and getting a point away to airdrie. However the Falkirk and Dunfermline of the league will continue to pump us. If people are happy with that then fill your boots but I’m certainly not, and that jardi is down to a cheap option manager

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    The manager has to go now, along with the man who put him there. The club is an absolute shambles from top to bottom. And unfortunately the manager is nowhere near up to the job
    It comes with the job that the manager takes the blame for - I have got to admit some really poor performances - I was wondering though what help if any Mr Gibson gets from his assistant Grant Murray who has 3 years experience as a manager
    at Raith Rovers

The player/manager thing doesn't work and hasn't worked from the start. How do you go in at half time yesterday and read the riot act when you've effectively been one of the worst players on the park? There's not only a general apathy on the park, something which is evident in spades, but also in the terraces and stands. Agree with others on here, it's going downhill fast and something needs to change.

Only losing 3-1 was probably the only positive. The management team need to take a lot of responsibility for the starting 11. We were obviously missing 3 big players but that starting 11 were never going to be competitive enough. We need to find a real identity that allows other players to come in to the side and know what they are doing. If we don't have a more solid base we are never going to get anywhere.
    Wullie seems to have a lot of skills to become a manager but he must learn quickly and not be too stubborn to recognise if his personal ideas are not working.
    Wullie, Lee Connolly and East were really of it yesterday.
    I thought Cochrane and McKenna worked hard at the least. Falkirk were good first half. The number 19 had good movement and number 5 defended well.
    A reaction is needed against Edinburgh from the first to last minute.

Wullie looked a broken man in his after match interview.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)