+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: We got what we wanted...

[QUOTE=BlueHair;40162418]
    Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    The manager has to go now, along with the man who put him there. The club is an absolute shambles from top to bottom. And unfortunately the manager is nowhere near up to the job[/QUO

Really. Are you wise....
    After yet another poor result I would say I am perfectly wise. This was against a club not any bigger than queens a few seasons back and yet with a change of chairman and manager the two clubs have went opposite directions and it shows in that result, league positions and attendances. Can you really argue differently

Morning Fatfan, with regards to being a Wise Man, no - one needed to follow a star to Greenock, to know that the birth of the Messiah from a Queen's perspective was going to occur yesterday afternoon, so 'no', I don't consider you particularly wise. All the stars were lining up against QOS yesterday, yet they gave their best and we're unlucky to be beaten 4 -1.
    However, you are correct to say that Morton, like Kilmarnock and St Johnstone come from similar sized towns, yet they are all clearly playing at a much higher level. The same logic of course could be used with Dunfermline and Falkirk, while at the other end of the scale Ross County from a town smaller than Annan are mixing it with the big boys.
    Perhaps Queens' future lies in the stars? Simply criticising for the sake of criticising is unhelpful and only helps to cement the idea that there is nothing good about the club. I've said many times that it's easy to have a go and belittle the club and especially when people are not exactly forming an orderly queue to take over, what exactly do you hope to achieve from relentless criticism?
    In my book, that is certainly not 'wise'.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Morning Fatfan, with regards to being a Wise Man, no - one needed to follow a star to Greenock, to know that the birth of the Messiah from a Queen's perspective was going to occur yesterday afternoon, so 'no', I don't consider you particularly wise. All the stars were lining up against QOS yesterday, yet they gave their best and we're unlucky to be beaten 4 -1.
    However, you are correct to say that Morton, like Kilmarnock and St Johnstone come from similar sized towns, yet they are all clearly playing at a much higher level. The same logic of course could be used with Dunfermline and Falkirk, while at the other end of the scale Ross County from a town smaller than Annan are mixing it with the big boys.
    Perhaps Queens' future lies in the stars? Simply criticising for the sake of criticising is unhelpful and only helps to cement the idea that there is nothing good about the club. I've said many times that it's easy to have a go and belittle the club and especially when people are not exactly forming an orderly queue to take over, what exactly do you hope to achieve from relentless criticism?
    In my book, that is certainly not 'wise'.
    So jardi. Please tell us what is good about our club at this time. Out of the league cup and Scottish cup. Struggling in the league to reach the play offs, never mind winning the league which people we thinking at the start of the season. No foundations in the club anymore. No structure in developing the football side. So please tell us what is good. Because I see nothing good at the moment. Celebrating wins against Montrose and Edinburgh!. These are the same two sides to get beat from Darvel juniors and drunchappel yesterday. So they are excellent teams obviously. So when criticism is due I, along with many others will criticise. We are fans of the club, not individuals and us fans will be here a long time after the chairman and manager, and any of the players so when we see things heading in a downward spiral then your bloody right we will criticise

Fatfan, you're fighting a losing battle, some on here had FC Edinburgh as Brazil circa 1970 a few weeks back. I can only assume you are a fan of the club who has supported them for many years therefore have a vested interest in where they are going. To effectively be called unwise for having an opinion is, in my eyes, out of order. The word luck seems to get thrown around a lot on forums. Is being beaten 4-1 bad luck?? Back to the opinion thing, I believe all should be able to have an opinion without being shot down in flames at the first opportunity, the team are punching well below where they should be. I'm interested, Jardi, merely because of your last post, where should the blame lie for some real abject performances? Just an honest question to spark some old fashioned debate. For me there have been too many given the size of the club, budget in this league and obvious talent in some of the players in the squad

Happy to oblige sir. In my humble opinion we should have played Fox in goal and thus kept him at the club. Apart from that and the clear inconsistencies, I cannot actually see the point in having a go at the present Chairman.
    Why? Because please correct me if I'm wrong, but has Billy not suggested that new blood is welcome on the Board? As intimated, I don't see an orderly queue of people battering the door down to get involved.
    Consequently, it would be unwise, nay completely unwise to keep having a go at the very person who is pumping his own money into keeping the club afloat.
    Let the debate commence.

To be honest, I agree with you re Fox. He's clearly left because he wasn't getting picked I, for one, can understand why he's gone. He should have been first choice while at the club.

I'm neither here nor there with the chairman, I don't know enough about him, his love for the club, his finances and what indeed he ploughs into the club. He would appear to have provided a decent budget this year for the level. Most are the managers players.

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    To be honest, I agree with you re Fox. He's clearly left because he wasn't getting picked I, for one, can understand why he's gone. He should have been first choice while at the club.

I'm neither here nor there with the chairman, I don't know enough about him, his love for the club, his finances and what indeed he ploughs into the club. He would appear to have provided a decent budget this year for the level. Most are the managers players.
    All are the managers players this season. The BOD have backed Wullie and players like Wilson , Reilly and Todd don’t come cheap.

Maybe not a popular opinion but without the Chairman we would be in an even worse situation IMO.
    Him and the BOD are the sole reason we’re still a full time side despite last season’s relegation.

The Queen of the South omnishambles continues...

Trust oor Wullie to pick young Dracula, ahead of an experienced Premiership shot-stopper.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    All are the managers players this season. The BOD have backed Wullie and players like Wilson , Reilly and Todd don’t come cheap.

Maybe not a popular opinion but without the Chairman we would be in an even worse situation IMO.
    Him and the BOD are the sole reason we’re still a full time side despite last season’s relegation.
    We got lucky with Lyndon Dykes. Any semi-competent chairman would have put a sell-on clause in his contract.

Unfortunately, the chairman has given a lot of that nestegg to a rookie manager.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)