+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Expectations ?

What Are Your Expectations ?

Are you willing to accept mediocre , lack of entertainment football to stay at a higher level in the league tables or do you prefer to be entertained when watching the Millers? As a lifelong Millers fan ( 1950s ) as far as I remember the entertainment comes with being successful , what ever level we are playing in . Recent Rotherham matches have had little in the the form of entertainment for us , but at the moment we are mid -table . What's your poison?

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Are you willing to accept mediocre , lack of entertainment football to stay at a higher level in the league tables or do you prefer to be entertained when watching the Millers? As a lifelong Millers fan ( 1950s ) as far as I remember the entertainment comes with being successful , what ever level we are playing in . Recent Rotherham matches have had little in the the form of entertainment for us , but at the moment we are mid -table . What's your poison?

Much the same

I prefer league 1 over the Championship

Much as it pains me league 1 is our level

Well if you're successful on a budget you will always come up to a point where the limits of the success you can afford are not sustainable unless you have a freak of a youth development surge or monster scouting network. But in most cases you punch above your weight as far as you can and try and avoid going down on the canvas at the end of the season.

What worries me is the assumption that we will continue to be a success at league 1 level.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Well if you're successful on a budget you will always come up to a point where the limits of the success you can afford are not sustainable unless you have a freak of a youth development surge or monster scouting network. But in most cases you punch above your weight as far as you can and try and avoid going down on the canvas at the end of the season.

What worries me is the assumption that we will continue to be a success at league 1 level.
    Yes, thought that too

MK Dons we’re on par with us not too long ago, now they are struggling

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post

...couldn't agree more....we can't keep getting lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Much the same

I prefer league 1 over the Championship

Much as it pains me league 1 is our level
    You probably do when you are winning most weeks like you have in recent seasons .

Not so grand when you are getting turned over by Morecambe plus Lincoln and Exeter at home .

Be nice to have your problems right now .

I’d rather be playing entertaining football in L1 than Wycombe esque soaking up pressure and living off scraps In the championship.

You forget that this season we have beaten Reading 4-0, Birmingham 2-0 and Blackpool 3-0.

We’ve regressed.

63yrs a Miller & all I expect is passion & effort.Too long a Miller to expect anything else.With our budget we are way out of our depth in the Championship but you now look at the teams in League 1 top half are Championship clubs.I’ve said this before T/S tried to run before we could walk.Back to League 1 & build a Squad not a team it could take a few seasons to do this but I’m not sure T/S & some supporters would not like that.We go up with hope, our back line will not last a full season in the Championship.We have got to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    63yrs a Miller & all I expect is passion & effort.Too long a Miller to expect anything else.With our budget we are way out of our depth in the Championship but you now look at the teams in League 1 top half are Championship clubs.I’ve said this before T/S tried to run before we could walk.Back to League 1 & build a Squad not a team it could take a few seasons to do this but I’m not sure T/S & some supporters would not like that.We go up with hope, our back line will not last a full season in the Championship.We have got to build.
    I’ve just looked at the League 1 table and I can’t see one Championship club in there.

I’d wager 3 of them will be this time next year.

Of the 12 teams above, only lost to one I think, Blackburn.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast