+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strengthening in Jan....

Unbelievable Jeff, Cutts cut, Nanny stays.

I'm already questioning the new guy's decision-making.

Does Nanny have photos of NSWE families?

Unbelievable this, good luck to Cutts and Danksy in your new role or with whatever comes next.

Nanny? I just don't get it.

Hazard is being linked to Villa in the Spanish press. Not to sure what to think about this if its a good one or another Courtinho

Let's just go all out and get Messi.....🤔

I think the new manager will have been promised alot of money for this January. We need a top top striker for a start. Surely we could attract on from somewhere.
    I think thats the problem we have too many mid to lower Premier league standard players. We need more quality allover.

While I agree Bongo, for me it's the coaching. If you consider the vast improvement in Newcastle, although they have the richest owners, they have not splashed out to get a reaction. Eddie Howe came in and their transformation has been remarkable. They looked doomed this time last year and finished well above us, now currently top 4, if you look at 90% of their players, they are the same as last season, look at Wilson and Almiron, they have been superb! Rather than us saying we need this player or need to spend this much, let's see what Emery can do with the likes of Cash, MaGinn, Coutinho, Watkins. The next two games are a free hit. If we get anything it will be a bonus but with 6 weeks to coach this squad, it's as good as a pre season, the real stuff starts in January! I will take a point of Utd and Brighton right now...

at the moment dick emery is perfect. all we have to go on is his record, which seems a step forward, already he has been doing some coaching which is more than gerrard ever did. They say they it's the hope that kills you... I find it's usually the actuality.

Coaching can only get us so far. For the last 10 years, our transfer policy has been akin to putting ‘lipstick on a pig’. Awful recruitment.

Sandcastle under the milky bar kid has spent over 200 million, on players to fit the manager's requirements, with no lipstick required.

I feel that the 3 pre-world cup games are crucial, in a weeding of the veg patch kind of way. We also have 2 games over Xmas. That makes 4 league games and a cup tie before Jan 1.

The season starts Sunday.

200m, are you sure Exiled? I'm talking this year!
    Anyway, the coach, has to be top drawer, obviously Gerrard was not, will Emery be top draw, well we will have to wait and see. Your quite right about the pool game on 26th but I was dropping Emery some slack over the next 2 league games. Its too early to expect UE to turn it around having only been hear 3days, my point is, come the new year or 26th Dec, he will have had 6 weeks to view his squad and finger a couple of improvements. Squad, Players, Manager, Coaches should all be stronger by Jan.

Just for our sanity, money spent on transfers not net spend is as follows:
    Chelsea...252m
    Utd...........214m
    WHU........165m
    Forest......142m
    Toonies...122m
    Spuds......122m
    Arse.........118m
    Villa..........62m

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)