+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Edinburgh v Queens

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I would concur, - well done Queens. Now, can we have some more please? We are clearly able to beat the 2nd placed team in the league at a canter, so let's take that attitude and self belief into every match, including the Scottish Cup tie against Morton.
    As I’ve said before any win is a good win, whoever it is against, but Edinburgh are in a false position and are the worst side I’ve seen at Palmerston for many years. So forgive me for not getting carried away with this result. For me I’ll start getting optimistic when we are beating the likes of Dunfermline and Falkirks of this league. And another thing, if Lewis Gibson is the player everyone is talking about, and from what I have seen the lad has got a lot of skill, why the hell is the manager not starting him before now. If your good enough then you are old enough,

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Been a few ups and downs but I still fancy us for the play offs ( top end that is) . We are a slow burner but things are definitely / generally improving.
    I think Dunfermline will win the league but there’s nothing to stop us climbing the table now our midfielders are returning.

Evening Fatfan, I'll suggest a reason why the manager is not playing his son on a regular basis........because he's highly critical of his boy and extremely conscious of perceived bias by the fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Evening Fatfan, I'll suggest a reason why the manager is not playing his son on a regular basis........because he's highly critical of his boy and extremely conscious of perceived bias by the fan base.
    Jardi. That’s a contradiction by the manager if that’s the case. He either doesn’t fancy the lad as a player if he is over critical or he is good but doesn’t want to show favouritism, which is just ridiculous. This is senior football and not an u.12 team with a parent coaching. If the lad is good enough he should be starting. It’s not a difficult situation. There have been countless sons played for there fathers over the years. So if you are right in your suggestions in why the lad isn’t picked then the manager is certainly not doing his job. He is employed to manage these situations and get the best out of the lad. Not to avoid criticism that may come with it

Evening Fatfan there is nothing rediculous whatsoever in my suggestion, but please remember it is merely a suggestion. Fathers are always 'harder' on their own kids than they are on others and that's been the case for millennia, therefore it will take many generations to change that.
    As for the hyper critical fan base, Wullie can't do much right in the eyes of many on this board, so you can't blame him for being a wee bit wary about playing his own lad.
    I'm sure, regardless of what you suggest, that Wullie and Lewis would get pelters if he had a bad game, and that could be very damaging for his future development.
    I have little interest in either of Scotland's top two clubs, but several months ago Van Bronkhurst had almost God like status, but following a 2-1 defeat in Perth, the 'faithful' are now calling for his head.
    It's a harsh, harsh world football management and Wullie needs to tread very carefully not only for his own sake, but for his son.
    In any other business situation, I would back your proposal to the hilt, but with football, I'm afraid Wullie is on a hiding to nothing if he steps out of line, so he needs to be very careful with every decision he makes.

The lad should be starting and to heck what anyone else says. We are in the results business abd the boy has a bit of swagger and confidence.

Agreed wholeheartedly JR, - will some of those in the stand who 'lose the plot' over the slightest thing, - allow him the chance to develop?

Before we know it, - he could be off (like Dykes) to pastures new, - but it would be great to get 2 or 3 years under his belt at Palmerston first, - without people slagging him off, - if he has a poor game.

Young Gibbo has so much potential and it’s great to see local youths coming through the system and playing 1st team football.
    Word of warning though, let’s not put too much pressure on the lad and expect miracles every week. Let’s remember he’s still only 17 and has loads to learn in the game.

Absolutely Arrol. .......he needs time.

A win today and FC Edinburgh go top ........ they are holding on to this false position in the league well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)