+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edinburgh v Queens

Edinburgh v Queens

Can we complete the hat trick versus Edinburgh this weekend ? Let’s hope so after that embarrassing yesterday. Can’t see any of our 3 missing midfielders returning so it’s time to give youth a chance.

https://fcedinburgh.com/news/club-statement-26-10-22/

You've got to hope so however got to move away from the 4-2-4 formation, with the 2 being midfielders that shouldn't be in the team. It's surely time for the WG apologists to realise that he's perhaps not cut out for the role. Also defenders that are able to defend would be a huge help. I would still be fairly confident with a settled side, the play offs are within reach, however the side is changed on a weekly basis and not always forcibly so

Just looking at the remaining fixtures this year and we’ve only 2 home games left before Christmas…. worrying times ahead especially with our midfield injury situation.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Just looking at the remaining fixtures this year and we’ve only 2 home games left before Christmas…. worrying times ahead especially with our midfield injury situation.
    If only we had a top striker like the Dobbie of 2018 - 19 seasons and a couple of decent centre - halfs ! Mentioning Dobbie I see in the wee book The King of Queens covering his career he scored his last - ever goal for the Doonhamers 2 years ago today (Halloween) - a penalty in a 3 - 2 defeat by Dunfermline.

I'd like to see young Ryan Muir given a chance in midfield, and Mr Fox back in goals for starters please.

I would also like to add, we're just at the end of October, our last league game is not until May, can we stop this mass panic please.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I'd like to see young Ryan Muir given a chance in midfield, and Mr Fox back in goals for starters please.

I would also like to add, we're just at the end of October, our last league game is not until May, can we stop this mass panic please.
    Questions need asked why the gaffer didn’t changed things the last 15 minutes when Cochrane told him he’s struggling but never put a sub on.

I can understand the panic Jardi. We’ve just not been good enough so far this season and our midfield injury crisis won’t help us.

OK Johnny, I will agree that on the whole, Queens have underperformed, or at least played much less better than most fans expected. I also accept that we will struggle with our midfield out of action, hence why I'm suggesting that Ryan Muir be given a chance to prove himself.

If that fails, then a loan option would be the most sensible course of action, and then we have the January window to freshen things up.

Good grief, you'd think this was the end of February not October! The panic button should be pressed when it's truly time to panic, but there's plenty of time for rational thought even in football.

That being said, I'd be the first to admit that Falkirk appeared to be in a different league to Queens, as they should be with their resources. They'll see 6000 at their match against Dunfermline and that will help to boost their coffers for a January raid.
    The problem with football fans the world over is that they think changing their manager will lead them to the holy grail. I really don't think that will solve our problem, and let's please remember that Wullie threw himself into midfield while clearly not match fit to try and fill a gap and therefore didn't have the luxury of the overview from the srand that the fans have of who is performing and who is not.

Let's give Wullie some time to digest the various points that have been raised on this board and also the nonsense so ruthlessly uttered from the stands on Saturday. One chap blindly screamed "get the f'n defence sorted Wullie" which I'm sure you'll agree is not the most constructive piece of criticism!

We certainly need more mobility at the back, a keeper who commands respect and instructs those in front of him and a midfield general who can make things happen.
    On paper it sounds simple, but it's better than screaming aggressively and expecting the manager to change things on a whim.

OK Johnny, I will agree that on the whole, Queens have underperformed, or at least played much less better than most fans expected. I also accept that we will struggle with our midfield out of action, hence why I'm suggesting that Ryan Muir be given a chance to prove himself.

If that fails, then a loan option would be the most sensible course of action, and then we have the January window to freshen things up.

Good grief, you'd think this was the end of February not October! The panic button should be pressed when it's truly time to panic, but there's plenty of time for rational thought even in football.

That being said, I'd be the first to admit that Falkirk appeared to be in a different league to Queens, as they should be with their resources. They'll see 6000 at their match against Dunfermline and that will help to boost their coffers for a January raid.
    The problem with football fans the world over is that they think changing their manager will lead them to the holy grail. I really don't think that will solve our problem, and let's please remember that Wullie threw himself into midfield while clearly not match fit to try and fill a gap and therefore didn't have the luxury of the overview from the srand that the fans have of who is performing and who is not.

Let's give Wullie some time to digest the various points that have been raised on this board and also the nonsense so ruthlessly uttered from the stands on Saturday. One chap blindly screamed "get the f'n defence sorted Wullie" which I'm sure you'll agree is not the most constructive piece of criticism!

We certainly need more mobility at the back, a keeper who commands respect and instructs those in front of him and a midfield general who can make things happen.
    On paper it sounds simple, but it's better than screaming aggressively and expecting the manager to change things on a whim.
    Jardi, your right. Why don’t we have more mobility at the back, no keeper that commands respect, and a midfield general (which I think we have in Wilson). I’ll tell you why and it is simple. Cos the manager didn’t sign them in the summer. Instead he bought a keeper who can’t catch a ball and is 5’5”. Centre halves who don’t tackle, a right back who can’t run, and a centre forward who refuses to run, despite other forwards being on the bench.
    So in the summer it was simple and you are expecting people to give him more time. Sorry jardi but I, along with a lot of others have lost faith in him. And it’s nothing to do with panicking. It’s everything to do with improving though

Ryan Muir away on loan to Gretna until January. Here’s me thinking we’re short in midfield ffs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)