+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Ogren

Mark Ogren

After witnessing yesterdays display for himself what does everyone think he is going to do to turn things around. Surely he must be asking questions regarding every aspect of recruitment, coaching, players attitudes & a multitude of other things. But at the end of the day it was his decision to take on United & ultimately hes responsible for everything to do with the club & if that means a further depletion of his fortune then thats what comes with deciding to own & run a football club. As we did since the end of last season we desperately need a solid keeper, a strong leader at the back, a dictating midfielder & some pace up front. If we arent ready to make these signings as soon as the transfer window opens then the decision
    makers will have failed again & we are doomed. If we are not already by the time the window opens

he will do f uck all

all is well and we wont get relegated is the stance of him and TA, top 6 they're still saying.

lunatics

As above. Don't think he'll do a thing.

I'm hoping he'll be making plans to sell the club with its best interests at heart. Hopefully, he'll sell to someone local who will be here and see that TA is nothing more than an imposter who is hellbent on putting his ego front and centre before the well-being of Dundee United. It is all well and good coming to Tannadice when we are playing AZ. What about the league story where the players on the whole do not seem interested? Internationalists who by and large look as though they think they are far better than they actually are.

The long search for a replacement for JR resulted in Fox getting the job. I'm of the opinion if Fox was still caretaker we would be seeing far better results as the players wouldn't know for certain their future under the new boss. As it is we've handed Fox a two-year deal along with Djoum, we're doomed. Pawlett has been explaining how he couldn't walk without pain yet he passes a medical with us and then gets a contract extension, ffs.

All is not well along the corridors of Tannadice unless you want a promotion.

Well MO was there yesterday so he'll have seen that.

Top 10 Wishlist
    Someone who can negotiate tranfers without getting ripped off.
    Leaders on the pitch
    A proper manager
    Goalkeeper
    Defenders who can defend
    Midfielders who can tackle
    Getting to byline
    Shots on target
    10th or better
    Asghar gone

Wanting Ogren to sell for someone local, bloody hell lol

We had someone local and other locals wanting to take over, we were in a proper mess, skint, dwindling crowds, really poor players (way below now), pumped regular by championship sides, no prospect of winning the division anytime soon, we'd have been in a total mess by now as opposed to what we got which was four years of progress on the park, better players, not forgetting off the park such as the money put into Tannadice, gussie, the merchandise and youth, ticketing etc

What a joke that all this is forgotten because of the way things are going this season to date

Yes its been crap overall, we hired the wrong guy in Ross who took time to agree to join, we didn't get the goalie situation right (tbf they tried with regards zander clark), we should also have went for someone to fill Butcher role... We still need a keeper asap as the team has enough about it I feel to not be bottom two

If we do ultimately go down which is by no means certain, I want MO as owner, he has backed us big time and is the reason we got up in the first place with those first couple windows

Full backing from me for the Ogrens

Not easy at the moment but we have had worse periods - including very recently before they arrived.

I would have MO over ST any day

If we get a decent goalkeeper I still think we can survive

Ogren can't fail to notice the difference in atmosphere from beating AZ to now.
    Regardless of how it happened we finished 4th and got Europe. The fans turned out in force to buy season tickets expecting at worst to see a challenge for top 6 or even best of the rest.
    At various points many have wondered why we got rid of Carson, Butcher, Clark, all average at best but to even have the debate shows the naivity of our recruitment.
    We burn through coaches, we burn through cash and we now have a squad worth much less than what was paid in terms of investment both in development and transfers.
    In terms of the league we're in, yes we've been in a worse position, but I can't remember a period where we're not going to be shocked if Celtic give us 7+ goals or if any team in this league beats us. I agree that mindset is unacceptable but, that's the sad expectation a lot of fans now have
    Ogren has money but I question if he even knows what he should be getting for his investment.
    Asghar is seen as the man in charge of all recruitment, whether it's coaches, managers, incoming and outgoing players, which includes the sign off of contracts. Asghar has either been naive, unfortunate or incompetent.
    If like us, Ogren wants a return, he needs to act, if he doesn't see that Asghar is putting the club and his investment in a position to be unlucky, then he's as culpable.
    Mark needs to sign off on quality in key positions on the pitch to keep us in this league, and then when our fate is decided, do a full post mortem.
    I hope and expect actions both during the window and after the post mortem

I dont think Ogren can be blamed here. He has put plenty cash in to the club. He is a businessman not an expert on footballers. He has trusted the footballing decisions to TA and therein lies the problem.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)