+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dens park doomsday clock

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I heard the seats at campy nou were self cleaning and an army of valets are employed to clean yer car whilst at the game.

So you can go from cleaner to consumer Islay.

Mind you once in the car park you can never leave.......ever. ��
    My car will not be in the car park at Campy Nou as I am not prepared to sit in a long queue on the Kingsway waiting at the traffic lights on the Myrekirk roundabout to get round it and back up the Kingsway to join another long queue to get into the Campy Nou car parks.
    I will sit at home and read the text updates like the thousand of Dundee supporters who no longer attend home games at Dens Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I know, you keep mentioning it.

One good thing, one positive piece of information you can give us - one good thought toward Dundee FC and / or the current board.

There has to be one.
    I cannot think of one.
    What positive piece of information can you gives us about Dundee FC or the current board at present.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    A wee bit harsh when you think that a mere 18 months ago ….

Article headline - Dundee chief John Nelms reveals excitement over leap forward in Camperdown stadium plan.

Dundee are excited after taking the next step in their Camperdown stadium dream. Managing Director John Nelms has appointed a project manager to take plans for a new ground forward.

Excitement ?
    Leap ?
    Dream ?
    Project Manager ?
    18 Months ?

What’s the score ?
    I am assuming the project manager appointed by John Nelms 18 months ago is the same project manager who was in charge of the projector at the Pre Application Notice meeting at the Landmark Hotel last September answering questions about the CAD design of the new stadium development projected on to a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebunked View Post
    A lot has changed in 18 months, for example reduced entrance and exits for the stadium carboark and reduction in car park spaces to make them fit into the wee Art Attack stadium drawing better.
    For all believers it's been stated time and again that the drawings so far are indicative only, can anyone claim to have seen the actual plan?
    Architects drawings are expensive hence the reason that only indicative drawings have been produced.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    My car will not be in the car park at Campy Nou as I am not prepared to sit in a long queue on the Kingsway waiting at the traffic lights on the Myrekirk roundabout to get round it and back up the Kingsway to join another long queue to get into the Campy Nou car parks.
    I will sit at home and read the text updates like the thousand of Dundee supporters who no longer attend home games at Dens Park.
    Curious Islay.....not a smart ass question but in the grand scheme of things wud ground sharing at tannadice permanently be preferable to a new stadium on Kingsway.

My preference would be new stadium but doubt I'd go as regularly and certainly wouldn't be a season tic holder.

Tannadice would see me pack it up......that's the road we are currently heading imho and no smoke and mirrors from Linda is gonna convince me otherwise.

New stadium like reluctantly moving to a nursing home when you just need a bit of help in yer ane hame.

Nearly forgot.

The time is

149 days , 4 hours, 2 mins.

A new stadium is definitely the way forward.
    We just seem to have the wrong boy running the show.
    Dens unfortunately is unfit for purpose,can it be rectified?
    I'm dubious its really possible with the lay out.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You're assuming a lot there Islay. I personally don't think queues of that magnitude would form. I also think timings of the lights would be altered to minimize the chance of congestion - call me old fashioned but I believe half decent traffic management could prevent the potential problem you've surmized will happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Curious Islay.....not a smart ass question but in the grand scheme of things wud ground sharing at tannadice permanently be preferable to a new stadium on Kingsway.

My preference would be new stadium but doubt I'd go as regularly and certainly wouldn't be a season tic holder.

Tannadice would see me pack it up......that's the road we are currently heading imho and no smoke and mirrors from Linda is gonna convince me otherwise.

New stadium like reluctantly moving to a nursing home when you just need a bit of help in yer ane hame.
    I will never go to another game if we share Tannadice. I don't even go there now to see Dundee when we play them. I hate the place.

The queues formed on the main roads for getting into McDairmid and whatever ICT's place is called are an annoyance, but the longest I can ever recall being queued for either is about three or four minutes then into the stadium areas where it's generally pretty clear. That's thanks to traffic management of course, a new concept that planners sitting at desks work out mathematically with computerised models use rather than making huge and wide of the mark assumptions based on how horses used to negotiate junctions.

I like planners sitting at desks using computerised models to predict traffic flows, they're the future not the past.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)