+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dens park doomsday clock

Dens park doomsday clock

180 days, 8 hours and 3 mins.

Cove at home seems such a **** end for a wonderful old ground.

Nelms OUT.

I would have wanted to leave with a victory 😜

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I would have wanted to leave with a victory 😜
    Better playing 5 a sides with ourselves to guarantee a victory......probably end up 0 0 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    180 days, 8 hours and 3 mins.

Cove at home seems such a **** end for a wonderful old ground.

Nelms OUT.
    Why do you think that we will be leaving Dens Park at the end of this season.
    Has there finally been a statement confirming this from John Nelms or Tim Keyes.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Has there finally been a statement confirming this from John Nelms or Tim Keyes.
    You want a statement from the silent men? Don't hold your breath.

It's pretty easy to work out - point blank refusal to spend money on Dens, rumours that they've bought it over, rumours that no money is to be spent on the pitch and rumours that we're sharing with other clubs next season. It all points to getting the hell out of there. Remember rumours are usually founded on a fact of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

It's pretty easy to work out - point blank refusal to spend money on Dens, rumours that they've bought it over, rumours that no money is to be spent on the pitch and rumours that we're sharing with other clubs next season. It all points to getting the hell out of there. Remember rumours are usually founded on a fact of some kind.
    Funny how these rumours seem credible yet the statements about the new stadium are believed by many to be not credible.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

I do not understand why buying Dens Park from Sandeman Properties Limited and then selling it to a third party is going to finance the cost of the new stadium development at Campy Nou.
    According to the recently published document on the £80 million new Aberdeen FC stadium development the new stadium development at Campy Nou is going to cost £144 million (September 2022).
    If Dundee FC are kicked out of Dens Park and forced to ground share at McDiarmid Park or Tannadice it will cost FPS a lot more in lost revenue than the £84k they are currently paying to rent Dens Park this year.
    According to the Sandeman Properties Limited annual accounts for the year ending 31st July 2021 Dens Park is valued at £1,500,000.
    It is also stated that the outstanding due by the tenants of their property is £1,536,504 having fallen by £78k from the previous financial year ending 31st July 2020.

I think it’s blatantly obvious why those rumours are gaining credibility and I’m sure you do too. JN has been encouraged by D4L to come out and tell us all what is to be happening. If he chooses not to do so the rumours, doubt and suspicion will continue to grow. I’m pretty sure it’s true an offer was made for the Class A shares, why do you think he was keen to get his mits on them ?

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    I think it’s blatantly obvious why those rumours are gaining credibility and I’m sure you do too. JN has been encouraged by D4L to come out and tell us all what is to be happening. If he chooses not to do so the rumours, doubt and suspicion will continue to grow. I’m pretty sure it’s true an offer was made for the Class A shares, why do you think he was keen to get his mits on them ?
    All the Dee4Life members received an email on 9th January 2019 advising that FPS initially offered to purchase all the A shares for £8,000 subsequently increased to £10,000. FPS’s reasoning for offering such a derisory amount was that all the Dundee Football Club Limited shares held by Dee4Life Trust including all the Ordinary and A shares were valued in their annual accounts at a nominal price of £1.
    FPS stated that De4Life was getting an excellent price which was 8,000 times the value of the A shares alone.
    Fortunately the Dee4Life members were not as gullible as FPS thought they were and they overwhelmingly voted to reject this derisory offer from FPS.
    As soon as I became a Co-opted director of Dee4Life I insisted that the true value of their shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited including their A shares be listed in the notes to their Balance Sheet. The shares are now valued at 1.35p each which is the same price per share as FPS use for their ‘debt for equity’ share transactions.
    From memory the current value of the Dee4Life share holding in Dundee Football Club Limited is around £554,000 with the A shares worth around £208,000 alone somewhat more that the derisory £8,000 increased to £10,000 offered by FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Think we have all pretty much heard the rumours now Islay, if there wasn't at least some truth in them surely Nelms would say there's no truth in them.

To bulldoze Dens Park with no planning, sketchy funding and not a spade in the ground is playing fast and loose with the future of DFC

Dens Park needs Linda exsorsised, someone get the priest.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)