+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dens park doomsday clock

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I don't believe for one minute that this stadium will ever come off, however if there's ever been a suitable place in Dundee for a sports stadium then surely a site on the A90, which is the main trunk road from Glasgow and Edinburgh to Aberdeen, surely has to be it? Keeps all traffic on trunk roads, gets it into and out of the city with minimal disruption, and keeps the hoards away from residential areas.

I live in Downfield on the existing northern limits of Dundee. It's 3.5 miles from my house to The Sidlaws - there is plenty space for Dundee to expand northwards and this is happening with new housing estates springing up everywhere. Including around your precious Downfield golf course which, in my view, should be closed down completely to allow the construction of new council housing in an effort to release pressure on the city's current diminished housing stock, a crisis created by Tory scum insisting that council houses should be sold for peanuts to tenants.

It's well known that should Dundee have secured the oil industry work rather than Aberdeen the city was planned to expand in all directions including south and into Fife. There are no significantly sized hills in Fife to the south between Dundee and the Lomonds, approximately 25 miles away, so plenty space there.

Let's be honest, you haven't got a clue and would be better just winding your neck in.
    ****ing Dundee minks can stay where they belong and out of Angus.

Build the wall, the swamp must be held back.😎

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    If they could revamp dens that would be the majority of fans preferred choice I'm guessing.
    How you sort the land at the south enclosure be tricky tho.
    How they intend sorting the land for housing is simple.

Private house builders can't do it as too expensive.

Housing associations can as extra grant funding available for social housing.

Hillcrest Homes@Dens Park

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    ****ing Dundee minks can stay where they belong and out of Angus.

Build the wall, the swamp must be held back.��
    Well, that wasn't the expected reaction but it'll do.

If it was down to me outlying villages - Birkhill, Muirhead, Briggy, Arbroath etc - would be swallowed up by Dundee and all the minks moved there leaving space within this fine city for us more socially acceptable fowk.

Well, that wasn't the expected reaction but it'll do.

If it was down to me outlying villages - Birkhill, Muirhead, Briggy, Arbroath etc - would be swallowed up by Dundee and all the minks moved there leaving space within this fine city for us more socially acceptable fowk.
    I'll compromise and go for Belfast style "peace" walls.

Closed from 6pm to 6am.

I'll compromise and go for Belfast style "peace" walls.

Closed from 6pm to 6am.
    I'll agree only if a certain person's on the opposite side of the wall from me

I'll agree only if a certain person's on the opposite side of the wall from me
    I met the great man at dfcss AGM......my type of non sitter on the fence person.

I think Islay would be more useful Dundee side of wall, Kingsway circus cud require his attention at a moment's notice.

I met the great man at dfcss AGM......my type of non sitter on the fence person.

I think Islay would be more useful Dundee side of wall, Kingsway circus cud require his attention at a moment's notice.
    The traffic situation could become horrendous right enough with people being hit by cars all over the place, there would be a bloodbath. But at least we'd never see any congestion at the Myrekirk lights.

He doesn't know it but I said hello to him and smiled at the top of Provie Road after the match. I think it was him at least, can only be one person looks like that - looked younger in the flesh right enough, maybe only arond 120?

Another year nearly at an end and still no planning permission applied for.

When was the last time Linda uttered anything in public about DFC or campy ........was it when season tics were on sale or was it in response to open letter group?

144 days, 7 hours, 39 mins

Tick tick tick

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)