+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dens park doomsday clock

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    The queues formed on the main roads for getting into McDairmid and whatever ICT's place is called are an annoyance, but the longest I can ever recall being queued for either is about three or four minutes then into the stadium areas where it's generally pretty clear. That's thanks to traffic management of course, a new concept that planners sitting at desks work out mathematically with computerised models use rather than making huge and wide of the mark assumptions based on how horses used to negotiate junctions.

I like planners sitting at desks using computerised models to predict traffic flows, they're the future not the past.
    I've backed a few horses in the past that seem to take the long way round.😆

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I've backed a few horses in the past that seem to take the long way round.��
    I support a football team that does similar, except the CEO can move very quickly when provoked

I support a football team that does similar, except the CEO can move very quickly when provoked
    Particularly reactive to bears

called Yogi

Lol, provoked.😆

I only suggested he had a phone number, he reacted much more swiftly than directory enquiries......and it cost me nothing.😁

You're assuming a lot there Islay. I personally don't think queues of that magnitude would form. I also think timings of the lights would be altered to minimize the chance of congestion - call me old fashioned but I believe half decent traffic management could prevent the potential problem you've surmized will happen here.
    I do not think that the timings of the lights on the Myrekirk roundabout could be altered to accommodate football traffic coming down the Kingsway to this roundabout.
    You have to remember that the Myrekirk roundabout is situated on the A90 which is the main road from Edinburgh and Glasgow to Aberdeen. Altering the the traffic lights for half an hour or so before the game at Campy Nou would cause major tailbacks on the A90 approaching this roundabout.

The queues formed on the main roads for getting into McDairmid and whatever ICT's place is called are an annoyance, but the longest I can ever recall being queued for either is about three or four minutes then into the stadium areas where it's generally pretty clear. That's thanks to traffic management of course, a new concept that planners sitting at desks work out mathematically with computerised models use rather than making huge and wide of the mark assumptions based on how horses used to negotiate junctions.

I like planners sitting at desks using computerised models to predict traffic flows, they're the future not the past.
    I have no faith in Transport Scotland staff especially if they are using a desk top exercise.
    The naval architects employed by CMAL who are part of Transport Scotland managed to design a new ferry for the Kennacraig to Islay route which cannot dock at any of the piers because it is too long, too wide and its draught is too deep.
    This will result in work costing £16.4 million (2021 prices) to alter the piers all paid for by the Scottish taxpayers.
    Yet another Transport Scotland shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    A new stadium is definitely the way forward.
    We just seem to have the wrong boy running the show.
    Dens unfortunately is unfit for purpose,can it be rectified?
    I'm dubious its really possible with the lay out.
    The problem is that there are no suitable sites in Dundee. The city has expanded about as far north as it can as it is hemmed in by the Sidlaws to the north and the hills of north Fife across the River Tay.
    The Kingsway bypass is now a major trunk road running through Dundee.
    In my opinion there is nothing wrong with Dens Park.
    We have two modern stands which have enough seating capacity to accommodate all our home games in the Championship and several home games in the Premier League.
    FPS would be better spending their money doing the same thing as Hearts and replacing the Main Stand at Dens Park which a new modern state of the art Main Stand.
    Then the club could charge different prices depending on where you sat in the ground.
    I am surprised that people sitting in the South Enclosure do not pay a reduced price for their season ticket and matchday ticket as the seats in the South Enclosure are inferior compared to the seats in the Bobby Cox Stand and the Main Stand.

It's like the antithesis of 'I think therefore I am'

'I don't think so, therefore it can't possibly be'

I can just imagine a certain somebody being around in Magellan's day

Magellan - 'Me and my mate Juan are going to circumnavigate the Earth'

Certain somebody - 'in my opinion that's not possible because I know for a fact that the Earth is flat and you will fall off the edge'.

Four years later:

Magellan - 'that's us back after sailing around the Earth'

Certain somebody 'what a cheek, how can you have? The Earth is flat and that's my final decision, no amount of clear proof to the contrary will change my mind'.

A certain somebody needs to open their mind to possibilities I think.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The problem is that there are no suitable sites in Dundee. The city has expanded about as far north as it can as it is hemmed in by the Sidlaws to the north and the hills of north Fife across the River Tay.
    We have two modern stands which have enough seating capacity to accommodate all our home games in the Championship and several home games in the Premier League.
    FPS would be better spending their money doing the same thing as Hearts and replacing the Main Stand at Dens Park which a new modern state of the art Main Stand.
    Then the club could charge different prices depending on where you sat in the ground.
    I am surprised that people sitting in the South Enclosure do not pay a reduced price for their season ticket and matchday ticket as the seats in the South Enclosure are inferior compared to the seats in the Bobby Cox Stand and the Main Stand.
    If they could revamp dens that would be the majority of fans preferred choice I'm guessing.
    How you sort the land at the south enclosure be tricky tho.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I don't believe for one minute that this stadium will ever come off, however if there's ever been a suitable place in Dundee for a sports stadium then surely a site on the A90, which is the main trunk road from Glasgow and Edinburgh to Aberdeen, surely has to be it? Keeps all traffic on trunk roads, gets it into and out of the city with minimal disruption, and keeps the hoards away from residential areas.

I live in Downfield on the existing northern limits of Dundee. It's 3.5 miles from my house to The Sidlaws - there is plenty space for Dundee to expand northwards and this is happening with new housing estates springing up everywhere. Including around your precious Downfield golf course which, in my view, should be closed down completely to allow the construction of new council housing in an effort to release pressure on the city's current diminished housing stock, a crisis created by Tory scum insisting that council houses should be sold for peanuts to tenants.

It's well known that should Dundee have secured the oil industry work rather than Aberdeen the city was planned to expand in all directions including south and into Fife. There are no significantly sized hills in Fife to the south between Dundee and the Lomonds, approximately 25 miles away, so plenty space there.

Let's be honest, you haven't got a clue and would be better just winding your neck in.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)