+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Morecambe v Rams

Matchday Thread: Morecambe v Rams

Anyone hopeful of a start of a run after Saturday?

Hope is all we have as Rams fans

Very good performance last Saturday. Tonight we have Hourihane suspended, NML doubtful due to being knackered after running himself into the ground, still no Knight or Barkhuizen and Anang hasn't recovered from his broken arm yet.

They don't score many but do concede a lot. I expect them to set up with defence rather than attack in mind and hoping to emulate Shrewsbury and Fleetwood by getting a 0-0 draw. If we can nick one early they will have to come out of their shell and we can get quite a few.

What are the odds on us conceding a penalty again? Pretty low odds I reckon.

I'm going to forecast a 3 goal win.

It would be nice but I'm not that concerned. When we dropped down into this league, there was talk of it will be hard, teams play "industrial" football, refs are poor, a lot of teams that went down and were expected to come back up quickly took 2 or more years.

So in reality we are doing well, especially taking into account the turmoil at the club prior to this season. Maybe virtually building a team from scratch did us a favour? We don't have a team of championship players who don't fancy this league and are looking for an exit, just a team determined do as well as they can.

So if we can get a win tomorrow, great, it keeps us in the play off mix and moving forward, and if come January we are thereabouts, we will be attractive to better quality players and be able to strengthen the team within our restrictions.

I’m hoping, and expecting, a win tonight. I’d hope, and expect, NML to play. He was superb on Saturday and did indeed ‘run himself into the ground’, but that’s his job and if he really needs a rest I’d rather it came against Torquay at the weekend.
    So I’m going for a 0-2 away win which would keep us comfortably in touch before the two Cup ‘adventures’.

P.S. For the benefit of our ‘just joshing’ so called moderator, ‘hoping’ and ‘expecting’ are both quite different from ‘guaranteeing’, although I appreciate it is obviously really, really funny to suggest otherwise.

Evening away matches are good one's to take a boring draw from: 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I'm hoping, and expecting, a win tonight. I'd hope, and expect, NML to play. He was superb on Saturday and did indeed run himself into the ground but that's his job and if he really needs a rest I'd rather it came against Torquay at the weekend.
    So I'm going for a 0-2 away win which would keep us comfortably in touch before the two Cup adventures.

P.S. For the benefit of our 'just joshing' so called moderator, hoping and expecting are both quite different from guaranteeing although I appreciate it is obviously really, really funny to suggest otherwise.
    I concur with the first para but expect a tighter 1- 0 win.
    As for the 2nd para garbage can we avoid the bitching on a footie thread? This applies to everyone. There's plenty of opportunity on the non-footie threads to have your playground tantrums! Thanks in anticipation!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    As for the 2nd para garbage can we avoid the bitching on a footie thread? This applies to everyone. There's plenty of opportunity on the non-footie threads to have your playground tantrums! Thanks in anticipation!
    Suits me and 2-0 Rams if NML plays at least 30 mins, sneaky 1-0 if not. Not going but it appears to be on Rams TV in U.K. so that’ll do

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Sorry mac...point hopefully made and taken. I’d actually be happy to avoid ‘bitching’ on all threads.

You can clearly see what he wants and how hes setting us up

We’ll get there eventually. This isnt his team and hes already getting more out of it attackimg wise than Wooney and co managed with their teams playing bore taka. We are threadbare though, small squad and weve now got Cashin missing for a game although I suspect that will be the fa cup game? If not then hes out for Mk Dons which is a pity.

Ill say one thing though.. whos penalty coach? Needs sacking pronto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)