I thought we showed a bit more fight on Saturday, and down to ten men for half the game unlucky to not at least get a point. I was also disappointed in the referee. He seemed to cuddle up and was always chatting to the Brighton players and especially when they scored. He also seemed to let discrepancies go when the visitors were in possession but blew for the slightest thing when we made tackles. I also thought that he was conned into giving Collins a yellow when Welbeck took at least two steps before dramatically falling down.

I did not like the way that the Brighton player, Mitoma, lay on the turf brandishing his imaginary card when Semedo tangled with him. Let the referee make the decision and not the player. To me it is a rather nasty occurrence that has crept into our game since the introduction of so many players from overseas.

Having said that, Brighton look a very accomplished side having put four past Chelsea the previous week.

Arsenal next weekend, ko 19.45 a strange time for a Saturday. It could be damage restriction.