+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Bromley FC. 01.11.22 [NL]

It's disappointing not to win - especially with the gilt-edge chances falling to Langstaff. But we've still picked up the most points in the league which is all that matters.

One thing which slightly irked me in Williams' post-match interview is his talk of fatigue. If players are showing fatigue it should be picked up on in their training performance and changes should be made earlier than they were.

We can't win every game but it heightens the need to get something at Southend in front of the cameras.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 02-11-2022 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

I think LW hit the nail on the head. We weren’t good enough tonight. In possession we were often sloppy and contributed to our own down fall on a number of occasions. It’s the way we play and when it works, we look amazing. Tonight was a 5/10 performance.
    The one thing that worries me is that we don’t have that option to go long when our plan A doesn’t work. Or when we are getting wide, we don’t have an aerial threat. I lost count of the times that Nemane was able to get a cross in the box, other than the goal and Macca miss in the first half, no Notts player was on the end.
    Ironically though, I thought both wing backs were good and largely effective. I think our central midfielders weren’t quite at it tonight and contributed to a number of misplaced or intercepted passes.
    The ref was awful. The Bromley tactics of rolling around injured once level was embarrassing, however, it’s seemingly within the rules. I don’t get how when there is no foul, a player goes down injured whilst we have possession, and the ref gives there keeper the ball.
    I think Bromley will genuinely take points off contenders. They are big and horrible so hopefully the long ball merchants from Wales struggle in the 26th. Here’s hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I thought 4-3 to us would have been a scoreline that represented the game. We created some good chances, but so did they. Bromley looked decent and didn't need to resort to all the play acting and time wasting. I know the ref can't tell a player who goes down that he's not injured, but he could add on the time that's wasted, and 10 added minutes would have been more realistic than six. What annoyed me was when one of their players went down while Notts had possession, the ref restarted the game by giving the ball to their goalkeeper!
    The ref gave their goalkeeper the ball, because that's what the rule is. He went down in his own penalty area, if the ref then stops the game, it restarts with the Goalkeeper. I agree though he didn't add enough time on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    The ref gave their goalkeeper the ball, because that's what the rule is. He went down in his own penalty area, if the ref then stops the game, it restarts with the Goalkeeper. I agree though he didn't add enough time on.
    If that's true, it's a real encouragement for any goalkeeper to fake injury in their own area knowing they will get the ball back!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think LW hit the nail on the head. We weren’t good enough tonight. In possession we were often sloppy and contributed to our own down fall on a number of occasions. It’s the way we play and when it works, we look amazing. Tonight was a 5/10 performance.
    The one thing that worries me is that we don’t have that option to go long when our plan A doesn’t work. Or when we are getting wide, we don’t have an aerial threat. I lost count of the times that Nemane was able to get a cross in the box, other than the goal and Macca miss in the first half, no Notts player was on the end.
    Ironically though, I thought both wing backs were good and largely effective. I think our central midfielders weren’t quite at it tonight and contributed to a number of misplaced or intercepted passes.
    The ref was awful. The Bromley tactics of rolling around injured once level was embarrassing, however, it’s seemingly within the rules. I don’t get how when there is no foul, a player goes down injured whilst we have possession, and the ref gives there keeper the ball.
    I think Bromley will genuinely take points off contenders. They are big and horrible so hopefully the long ball merchants from Wales struggle in the 26th. Here’s hoping.
    We should have brought Austin on instead of Castro. The midfield was struggling, he would have given us that extra edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    A dissapointing night for Notts, we hit the woodwork 3 dam times, and maybe a penelty turned down, on another night be would be fine
    The only real concern was Wrexham winning, but they will drop points soon, have they played any teams in the top 10 at home yet ??

Now we have 2 tough games away Southend and Eastleigh, but we are one of the best away teams in the league, and have actually scored more goals away than at home

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We should have brought Austin on instead of Castro. The midfield was struggling, he would have given us that extra edge.
    Its easy to say that but look at the goal he scored from the bench last weekend. Looking at the bigger picture if we had been offered our points total from this number of games at the start of the season every single Notts fan would have bitten off the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Its easy to say that but look at the goal he scored from the bench last weekend. Looking at the bigger picture if we had been offered our points total from this number of games at the start of the season every single Notts fan would have bitten off the hand.
    Exactly this. We’re in a fantastic position, but obviously we’re going to drop points during the season. The key thing is how we respond - to be champions, we now need to go on another big winning streak.

Huge couple of away games coming up, from which four points would normally be considered a good haul. However, you’d expect Wrexham to beat their next two opponents (S****horpe and Wealdstone away), so we’ll probably need six points to stay top.

Southend will be fascinating as they’ve only conceded 11 goals so far. Very happy we don’t have a game on Saturday - just a shame that Southend don’t either.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Exactly this. We’re in a fantastic position, but obviously we’re going to drop points during the season. The key thing is how we respond - to be champions, we now need to go on another big winning streak.

Huge couple of away games coming up, from which four points would normally be considered a good haul. However, you’d expect Wrexham to beat their next two opponents (S****horpe and Wealdstone away), so we’ll probably need six points to stay top.

Southend will be fascinating as they’ve only conceded 11 goals so far. Very happy we don’t have a game on Saturday - just a shame that Southend don’t either.
    Notts and Wrexham will both be tested over the coming games. We play the unbeaten (at home) Eastleigh who we have never taken a point at or scored a goal. We also face Southend, whose recent form is exceptional and they have the best defensive record in our league.
    Wrexham have away games, there form away is chalk n cheese compared to there home form. They will point at the fact that they have played some of the better teams away, but scoring goals has been an issue with only 12 goals from 8 games. They have scored 35 at home.
    I’d take 4 points from these games now, if offered. Hopefully we go on another 7 game winning run.
    Last edited by Notts78; 02-11-2022 at 07:19 AM.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast