+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Aberdeen v Hibs

Their number 7 ran the show in the first half. Completely tore Scales to bits. I don't think Scales got the better of him once.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Fair comments DeeDon - I think we’re in “violent agreement” on most things here tbh.

Its not all down to how we set up.

Some of the players aren’t good enough or struggle in a 3-5-2 formation.

I also like Miovski, but too often in away games he’s a passenger, like he was last night again.

But we lost that game primarily because Goodwin picked the completely wrong set up for Livi away. 3-5-2 with McCrorie at the back instead of in midfield and Barron and Clarkson in the middle was just ridiculous against them - it was never going to work.

The fact he even thought about it, let alone did it, frankly shows he’s either stupid, naive or clueless tactically - maybe all 3.

The game at Dundee about this time last year told me Glass was not the man and it wasn’t going to work. Last night had a lot of similarities to that for me.

A tactical simpleton won’t last long. Sadly, I think it’s becoming clearer by the week that Cormack’s picked another dud.

For me I have been entertained in the games I have been at (all at home) so want him to do well on that basis and I know it can take us a while to get into a rythm of play at home too, but when we click we are decent, going forward at least. Swapping out a whole team was never going to be easy and it is fairly evident that some signings just won't be good enough and I don't think we have that much depth in our squad. I am hoping for some movement on the transfer market in January to try and rectify some of these issues, but easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Martindale is tactically pretty good & that goes a long way in this league.

Not for a second suggesting that he should be our manager, just saying he’s better than the one we’ve got
    Absolutely. He’s light years ahead of Goodwin tactically. He’s far from alone either…

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    For me I have been entertained in the games I have been at (all at home) so want him to do well on that basis and I know it can take us a while to get into a rythm of play at home too, but when we click we are decent, going forward at least. Swapping out a whole team was never going to be easy and it is fairly evident that some signings just won't be good enough and I don't think we have that much depth in our squad. I am hoping for some movement on the transfer market in January to try and rectify some of these issues, but easier said than done.
    January is crucial for Goodwin - both to see if Cormack still backs him (remember what happened to Glass last year) and also to see if he can fix some of the glaring issues we can all see.

I have my doubts sadly…

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011