+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tims away

***BREAKING NEWS*** Scotland's #1's Istanbul blooper.
    The best Scottish goalkeeper ever I heard on the radio this morning.
    Was it an Eriksson or was it a Birighitti - you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Siegrist improved.
    Eriksson has played 11 games, Birighitti 6.
    How many games did Siegrist get before 'fans' stopped howling at him?
    'He never got a chance to start with'. Is this the 'fans' now denying Eriksson or Birighitti a chance?
    We're not learning.
    Eriksson has played 11 and Birighitti has played 6. There lies the problem, even the coach doesn't know what 5hitey goalie is the better one,he doesn't know who should start.

Is there any other team in our league that hasn't got a settled no1? Serious question because I don't honestly know.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    keepers are ****e, cant defend that fact, thats not an opinion either its a well know fact we're struggling with keepers and will be our downfall if not rectified soon
    What are you on about, I am defending it. That they are ****e is not a 'fact',
    Mine is not an opinion? Yes it is. It is NOT a well known fact that we are struggling with keepers.
    That's your jaundiced opinion. Blame the goalie for the ills of the team.

Doubtless you'll be hoping that Birighitti throws in a couple at Parkhead?

It is NOT a well known fact that we are struggling with keepers.
    Yet here we are, 13 games into the season, still chopping and changing them because they keep making errors.

Everyone can see it except you, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yet here we are, 13 games into the season, still chopping and changing them because they keep making errors.

Everyone can see it except you, it seems.
    To be fair Hinchcliffe and Asghar might be of the same opinion.......

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    To be fair Hinchcliffe and Asghar might be of the same opinion.......
    I though Asghar picked the team? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Think we would do well to judge the keepers when the team is playing more consistently well and the defence is not lacking so much confidence. I appreciate confidence can be impacted on by the goalie behind but am not convinced that is the case currently.

I am the biggest advocate of a back 3 normally, but our weakness with crosses and their good wingers would favour a back 4 for this weekend at least.

Goalie
    Smith/Freeman Edwards Graham McMann
    Sibbald Harkes
    Middleton McGrath Behich
    Fletcher

Harkes is obviously a controversial shout, but his mobility could be useful.

Going to be extremely tough regardless of what team we go with. Have no expectations I'm afraid

Controversial but he played fine when he came on at the weekend

Damage limitation

Eriksson
    Freeman Smith Edwards Graham McMann Behich
    Sibbald Levitt Harkes
    Watt/Sadat

Then go for the wins vs Killie and SSB

Oh don't start on the keepers ffs.

I fear diving horizontally from the right hand post to the postage stamp corner and miraculously palming the ball and grazing the woodwork as it went out for a corner will lead to 'he should have parried it round the post, it was nearly an own goal' criticisms.

We think our goalies are sh1te because we are used to Seigrist saving us time and again.

Those current two fill me with dread.

Not the keepers fault and not anything personal against them. Maybe they will come good at some point but they aren't at the moment. Unfortunately, we are not in a position that we can afford to build them up by giving them game time...it's costing us games! We knew that Benji was leaving and we should of had a first choice goalie sorted out long before he left. The fact that we are discovering that these goalies are not premiership ready during the season, is nothing short of negligent. I hope they come good but we clearly need a 6 month loan deal ASAP. I would go cap in hand to Hearts and see if we can get Clark in or another keeper of that ilk or even better, a player/coach. I do think that the keepers are being done dirty by a defence that isn't doing its job properly..but its the easiest position to fix. I also think the defence are being done dirty by a midfield that keep giving possesion away cheaply...but the keeper situation is just plainly causing us problems and someone needs to bite the bullet and do something about it!

Sorry to be flogging this but my last words on the subject. 'It's costing us games'. Which exactly? AZ away maybe where our defence was out of its depth? Please tell me which games it has cost us. And I keep harking back to Benji's start. I was placating his younger brother on Fb cos he was so concerned about the press he was getting. I told him he would come good & we were correct.

Now he's splintering for £10k/wk!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)