+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot don't get ripped off with leccy

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    This used to be the case, but any appliance from the last 15ish years will barely use any standby power since a load of laws were changed around the world in the early 00s limiting standby power to 1w and then 0.5w max.

So you're probably just wasting your time turning them on and off unless they're old! It's shocking how much power some older devices can use though.
    For the record this advice is also posted on the Octopus Energy site so it is up to date info.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    It’s turned off at the socket pudding head, nowt’s flashing cos nowt’s powered up. Simply turn it back on when I need it, 10 seconds to reset a clock.
    So you have to set the time again every time you use it? And you call me a pudding head!

My top tip is electric blanket.
    4p/hr to run. Put it on an hour before bed, get in to a warm bed, then switch it off if you want. We use them at home and in the static.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    So you have to set the time again every time you use it? And you call me a pudding head!
    Like I said, what’s 10 seconds in setting a clock? Saving money through a full year far outweighs setting a clock, plus I don’t use my microwave everyday. Pudding head 😉

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    So you have 00:00 flashing all the time? And how do you use the timer?
    Strange microwave, mine just has a timer. No clock to set.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Strange microwave, mine just has a timer. No clock to set.
    Was going to say the same.

Just buy a microwave with a mechanical timer. Just turn the dial then ding!

Ours works with out setting the time on the clock, so you can have it at "00:00". Just press at button once for a minute...........get a modern one...hahaha

Just rmember to blow out the candles in the kitchen when you've done...........

I was talking about the oven, I switch the microwave off.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Ours works with out setting the time on the clock, so you can have it at "00:00". Just press at button once for a minute...........get a modern one...hahaha

Just rmember to blow out the candles in the kitchen when you've done...........
    Avondale pal, mine is just the same don't have to set the clock either but it's built in if I want to see it working

Causing some interest this microwave malarkey...
    Last edited by Brin; 04-11-2022 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Avondale pal, mine is just the same don't have to set the clock either but it's built in if I want to see it working

Causing some interest this microwave malarkey...
    ...can't afford any food to put in it now Brin, it's all going towards the Hopitality at NYS.................(big smiley face). Are you in tomz pal.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast