+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Qatar World Cup

Qatar out already I think. Exciting first few minutes when offside given for a perfectly good goal, wonder if that was the one agreed var decision Qatar paid for per game

Looks like they bought one for Persia too, not that it mattered

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Looks like they bought one for Persia too, not that it mattered
    I think FIFA will be doing their best to stop any Middle east country getting murdered.
    Fixed to arrange it, fixed now we've licked off.
    I don't think football can seep any lower corruption wise.

Not seen all the games but the ones I have watched have mostly seen most of the action in the 2nd half. Argie v Mexico was a case in point. At half time there'd only been 4 or 5 shots with just the one of them on target. Two late, quality goals from the Argie settled it. 1st from Messi and he had the assist for the second from Fernandez.

How there were still 22 players on the park at HT is a mystery. Cloggers, the lot of them. A lot of simulated injuries too. Head, knee, ankle, foot..... I got the impression, despite a flurry of yellow cards, that the ref wasn't overly bothered by it all.

Poland v Argie should be interesting. Bielik has 1.5 games under his belt and has done well so far IMO. The penalty in the 2nd game was very soft and wouldn't have been given in the EFL. I hope he impresses in all his games as that would either bode well for us on his January return or mean we might get a decent price for him if we sold him.

Saw this on FB and it made I smile....

Name:  Germans out.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  21.9 KB

Watched Argentina Vs Australia earlier. Good job I had my eyes open, otherwise I might have mistaken it for Messi TV, they couldn't go 5 seconds without saying his name, coupled with genius or magic. I wouldn't mind, but despite his goal, he was terrible, must've gave away the ball almost every time he touched it, misplaced short passes, needlessly running into trouble, and poor shooting.
    Don't doubt his skill, but the guy could trip over his own shadow and they'd wax lyrical over his footwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Watched Argentina Vs Australia earlier. Good job I had my eyes open, otherwise I might have mistaken it for Messi TV, they couldn't go 5 seconds without saying his name, coupled with genius or magic. I wouldn't mind, but despite his goal, he was terrible, must've gave away the ball almost every time he touched it, misplaced short passes, needlessly running into trouble, and poor shooting.
    Don't doubt his skill, but the guy could trip over his own shadow and they'd wax lyrical over his footwork.
    Gets me how much of a love in there is for him, and to a lesser degree Ronaldo this world cup.

Listening on talk sport the other day about what a great way to bow out on his career with the world cup, basically deserves it. Cant stand Simon Jordan but he was right and said no he doesnt, no more than anyone else.

Dont get why people think it would be a tragedy if he doesnt lift the world cup, hes had a very privileged career with copious amounts of silverware and awards, and lets not forget the financial rewards (and even that wasnt enough for him or ronaldo as both are convicted criminal for tax evasion).

Hes been a great player no doubt, as has ronaldo, but thats it nothing else, they deserve no more than the next person.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Gets me how much of a love in there is for him, and to a lesser degree Ronaldo this world cup.
    Ronaldo. Versus Derby. Won a free kick by falling over with no Rams player within a yard of him. Cheat. Also, in the 3rd of 4 minutes of 2nd half injury time with them top and us bottom, took a dive in the box and got the penalty which he scored from. Why the need to cheat under those circumstances?

He's been diving his whole career and journalists, commentators and pundits ignore it. I hope Portugal lose to Switzerland in the 1/8 finals. I also hope he dives in the 1st minute and gets booked for it. Repeats the offence 10 minutes later and gets a 2nd yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Ronaldo. Versus Derby. Won a free kick by falling over with no Rams player within a yard of him. Cheat. Also, in the 3rd of 4 minutes of 2nd half injury time with them top and us bottom, took a dive in the box and got the penalty which he scored from. Why the need to cheat under those circumstances?

He's been diving his whole career and journalists, commentators and pundits ignore it. I hope Portugal lose to Switzerland in the 1/8 finals. I also hope he dives in the 1st minute and gets booked for it. Repeats the offence 10 minutes later and gets a 2nd yellow.
    I've never forgotten that penalty dive, I think Andy Griffin was the nearest defender, about 3 yards behind him, such a terrible dive.

Despite all the justified (imo) reservations about the appropriateness of holding the WC in Qatar I can’t help but applaud the apparent lack of alcohol fuelled thuggery this time around.
    Don’t get me wrong...I enjoy a pre and post match beer as much as anyone, but I don’t miss the the sight of jingoistic drunken halfwits trashing bars and squares at all...not sure how much is due to the unavailability of alcohol or other ‘economic’ factors.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)