+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Unai Emery targeting trophies and Europe

Unai Emery targeting trophies and Europe

First of all good ebening...

Hoping Villa will beat Man-U on Sunday as it will help us. They need to improve massively from the game against us though as they were woeful

Be interesting to see what they do in the January window and if they give Unai a decent wad of cash to spend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JQi...=SkySportsNews

Hope he writes a good song.

I'm sure he is aiming for that but I don't see it this season to be honest.

Be quite the turnaround in form if he managed it.

If you don't mind me saying guys, he signed a 5 year deal. Our club desperately needs stability. If the new man came on a reported 5m a year contract, Villa fans would be disappointed if he didn't say what he said about winning trophies, we have decent players who are just not performing, that has to change but look, you guys were well in the **** just 12 Months ago, look where you are now, nothing is impossible. The club are about to announce going into the black, major funds will be available, we might not have the clout of your owners but we are all controlled by FFP. I'm sure you would not begrudge us a bit of success, I'm quite happy seeing your lot upsetting the prems so-called top 6!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    If you don't mind me saying guys, he signed a 5 year deal. Our club desperately needs stability. If the new man came on a reported 5m a year contract, Villa fans would be disappointed if he didn't say what he said about winning trophies, we have decent players who are just not performing, that has to change but look, you guys were well in the **** just 12 Months ago, look where you are now, nothing is impossible. The club are about to announce going into the black, major funds will be available, we might not have the clout of your owners but we are all controlled by FFP. I'm sure you would not begrudge us a bit of success, I'm quite happy seeing your lot upsetting the prems so-called top 6!!
    I have never called teams top six or big six,for instance Spurs have won nothing for a long time.Since the European debacle I call them the breakaway 6,if it had not been for the uproar from the fans it would of went ahead.

Aye, that's a fair post, man. Asa I've said, I think he'll do well if given time.

Don't mean to keep bombing this Toon site but one things for sure, you guys love to talk about football which is what we all like to do! All the best for the season.

Don't mean to keep bombing this Toon site but one things for sure, you guys love to talk about football which is what we all like to do! All the best for the season.
    You're more than welcome to post, man.

Plus, it's about time the traditional Big 6 were shaken up and other clubs-big, traditional clubs like both of ours-had a shot.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)