+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox on Levitt

Fox on Levitt

See fox publicly criticising Levitt

How has he not criticised the keeper blunders, the woeful defenders, strikers that canna score, Harkes on his mega bucks contract, the list is endless all players could easily be labelled poor every week ffs

Maybe Liam, just maybe Levitt would be back to his best played higher up the park, ken like last season, just a thought eh...

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...hester-united/

If link doesnt work for the DEE C ****s then heres the copy and paste

The Tannadice head coach pulled no punches in his assessment of Levitt’s performance in last Saturday’s 1-0 defeat against Motherwell, describing the former Manchester United kid as “poor” and making it clear he “expects better”.

Levitt was withdrawn at half-time and replaced by Ian Harkes, who made a bright impact after the break.

The Wales international was a marquee capture for the Tangerines during the summer, penning a two-year contract after becoming a firm fans’ favourite while on loan last season.

However, Levitt has struggled to recapture his best form and has often failed to make his presence felt in a struggling United side.

“I thought Dylan was poor at the weekend,” said Fox candidly. “That is why I made the decision to take him off. That wasn’t down to an injury.

“Dylan knows that and I have had a conversation with him.

“He knows that I expect better from him and I think Dylan agrees that he needs to be better. With Dylan’s attributes and quality, I need to feel his personality more in games. I need him to take responsibility and be braver on the ball. These are things I know he can do.

“With his talent, I need more, the team needs more and the supporters need more.”

“This isn’t me putting loads of pressure on him — but if he is going to reach the level I feel he is capable of reaching, then he will have these demands placed on him all the time,” continued Fox.

“I see things in him that I don’t see in many other players. The group feels that, too.

“He has too much talent to coast.

“That’s the challenge that he has to step up and meet, consistently. That’s every day. You can’t flick a switch. You need to consistently be at a level, so that it becomes your standard.

“I’m not saying he isn’t doing that, but I am saying that, for someone of his talent, I need more.”

I dont have any issue with what Fox has said there, as long as he has sat Dylan down and said the same to his face! Been saying for a while that he doesnt look like he is up for it, and i think he is saving himself for the big stage after next weekend.

I do agree with getting Dylan pushed up the park, but i dont think that is a factor in his performances just now as he was doing the same last season, scoring goals and playing great. Maybe he has returned to what he thought was a great dressing room and is suffering because everything has changed over the summer?

Levitt's been a massive let down this season. The one player we know can perform at a higher level but he just isn't. Even when played deep last season, he was far better than he was this season. Part of that, I suspect, was down to Tam's man management. He definitely needs an arm around the shoulder now & then.

Yeah and Fox was right to take him off at half time last week. Harkes was far better when he came on and we were a player light as well.

Kicks up the butt should kept in house imo, deserving or not, publicly criticizing your only sellable asset is poor man management.
    In a game where we'll have little possession, doing this before a Celtic game is poor as well.

Fox should have just dropped him, that would have said enough.

Yes Levitt has been poor but everyone bar Fox can see that playing Levitt so deep isn't the way to get the best out of him. Where's the managers criticism of the more experienced heads like - Smith, Mulgrew Edwards , Fletcher and Watt who have been an absolute waste of a jersey all season.

I think Levitt IS a deep lying midfielder. His best games have come in this position, ok he has scored a few rockets in his time but that's not his bread and butter, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think Levitt IS a deep lying midfielder. His best games have come in this position, ok he has scored a few rockets in his time but that's not his bread and butter, IMHO.
    I agree. He's the only type we've got that can take a short pass from our defenders and move it up the park. McGrath should be our midfielder that is closest to the forwards.

It's a strange one because he played deep for Man Utd, plays deep for Wales and is playing deep for us. That possibly is his position but maybe he's just not very good at it. He definitely can't be relied on as the main anchorman. I don't think he has the heart for that kind of battle. He'd flourish alongside a Fuchs type player imo.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Kicks up the butt should kept in house imo, deserving or not, publicly criticizing your only sellable asset is poor man management.
    In a game where we'll have little possession, doing this before a Celtic game is poor as well.

Fox should have just dropped him, that would have said enough.
    Fox trying to prove a point to the fans perhaps? I agree individual criticism shouldn't be done in public, even if he has already spoken to the player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)