+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. Sunak...third time lucky, or Mission Impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    See in bold above
    Okay...unusual response but...in order.

Possibly because you (and maybe RS) are sufficiently ‘well insulated’. Others maybe aren’t.

Agree.

He should have always just gone to COP27 imo. Silly mistake. Braverman? Bad choice of words (‘invasion’)...just used to appeal to the Right and the security risk element makes her a bad choice imo.

‘The Pond’...the Atlantic...the USA.

I do know where you’ve been but only in the last couple of hours. I hate what has been done to the NHS over the last decade.

Not saying much...but me too. You’re right...I don’t like quotas although I understand their origins.

‘Many won’t notice’...maybe that’s part of the problem. How and who to tax?

‘People who live off the state’. I have no more time for ‘scroungers’ from ‘Benefits Street’ than you...but, if you wish to introduce ‘red herrings’, I’ve got no time for those in ‘Self Employed Avenue’ either.

Second half’s starting.

Exactly how as the word "invasion" incorrect?

invasion
    /ɪnˈveɪʒn/
    noun

an instance of invading a country or region with an armed force:
    "Napoleon's disastrous invasion of Russia in 1812"
    Similar
    occupationconqueringcaptureseizure
    Opposite
    withdrawal

an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity:
    "there was a brief pitch invasion when Sunderland scored"
    Similar
    influxinundationinrushrush

an unwelcome intrusion into another's domain:
    "random drug testing of employees is an unwarranted invasion of privacy"
    Similar
    violationinfringementinterruptiondisturbance

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    See in bold above
    You "know" a number who live off the state? Again this anecdotal myth presented as fact. The vast majority struggle, though of course it may be that you are aware of a number who don't, I'm keen to understand how they do this, from you that is, not the general blame thats attached by right wing media and politicians to a minority of the population in order to distract the naïve from those above them who game the system of millions. I mean if they are doing so well and managing fine, its a wonder you don't join them, it would seem the smart thing to do, but of course actually for the vast majority of people who are "living off the state" life is not so good and its not a lifestyle we would wish to have.

Thats a right wing trope thats been used since before Hitler was finding useful minorities to focus an understandably angry populations attention on whilst he introduced an ever more authoritarian government, which surprise ****ed up the lives of the "good" Germans!

But then you are of course the guy who guffawed when I talked about "the hard to reach", because in your world of course they don't exist.

I will point out though, that tax evasion is many times benefit fraud and millions of benefits go unclaimed every year, people lose credibility when they make these claims - based purely on hearsay, though of course you will claim otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    You "know" a number who live off the state? Again this anecdotal myth presented as fact. The vast majority struggle, though of course it may be that you are aware of a number who don't, I'm keen to understand how they do this, from you that is, not the general blame thats attached by right wing media and politicians to a minority of the population in order to distract the naïve from those above them who game the system of millions. I mean if they are doing so well and managing fine, its a wonder you don't join them, it would seem the smart thing to do, but of course actually for the vast majority of people who are "living off the state" life is not so good and its not a lifestyle we would wish to have.

Thats a right wing trope thats been used since before Hitler was finding useful minorities to focus an understandably angry populations attention on whilst he introduced an ever more authoritarian government, which surprise ****ed up the lives of the "good" Germans!

But then you are of course the guy who guffawed when I talked about "the hard to reach", because in your world of course they don't exist.

I will point out though, that tax evasion is many times benefit fraud and millions of benefits go unclaimed every year, people lose credibility when they make these claims - based purely on hearsay, though of course you will claim otherwise.
    I’ve no idea where that rant came from, didn’t you enjoy the game?

Oh I just noticed -Hitler again! You need to find a more appropriate allegory

You "know" a number who live off the state? Again this anecdotal myth presented as fact. The vast majority struggle, though of course it may be that you are aware of a number who don't, I'm keen to understand how they do this, .
    No, it’s fact. I don’t invent anecdotes, I don’t need to.

Backing off from our usual tit for tat, I could give three very different but obvious examples from folk I spent time with last week, and honestly I don’t know how they do it other than they have ‘played’ the system to the max. I’ve shared before that one lives next door to, and in an identical house to, a full-time worker who it’s clear has less disposable income

So anyway Ramshank, how was the golf?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Exactly how as the word "invasion" incorrect?

invasion
    /ɪnˈveɪʒn/
    noun

an instance of invading a country or region with an armed force:
    "Napoleon's disastrous invasion of Russia in 1812"
    Similar
    occupationconqueringcaptureseizure
    Opposite
    withdrawal

an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity:
    "there was a brief pitch invasion when Sunderland scored"
    Similar
    influxinundationinrushrush

an unwelcome intrusion into another's domain:
    "random drug testing of employees is an unwarranted invasion of privacy"
    Similar
    violationinfringementinterruptiondisturbance
    Tricky, as you well know...and if you don’t Braverman certainly should... ‘invasion’ is an emotive word...the sort of emotive word that prompted the attack on a migrant centre in Dover last week.
    Perhaps you approve of such attacks, I don’t know. I don’t and, imo, someone in the position of Home Secretary, should refrain from such sh1t stirring. It’s irresponsible and likely to lead to tragedy.
    We aren’t being ‘invaded’, we (the World) have a problem with both economic migrants and refugees for which there needs to be a European/Global joined up solution...but it isn’t an ‘invasion’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tricky, as you well know...and if you don’t Braverman certainly should... ‘invasion’ is an emotive word...the sort of emotive word that prompted the attack on a migrant centre in Dover last week.
    Perhaps you approve of such attacks, I don’t know. I don’t and, imo, someone in the position of Home Secretary, should refrain from such sh1t stirring. It’s irresponsible and likely to lead to tragedy.
    We aren’t being ‘invaded’, we (the World) have a problem with both economic migrants and refugees for which there needs to be a European/Global joined up solution...but it isn’t an ‘invasion’.
    According to the dictionary, Invasion applies very aptly.
    Now you and the Guardian newspaper, may not like that description. But it is an accurate description.
    You need to seperate the asylum issue, from economic migrants and the real opportunist criminals in there as well.

Now considering the British army only has 79 000 active personnel, 40 000 crossing the channel alone, is hardly to be sniffed at in one year.

The irony is, the genuine asylum seekers are being penalised, by these chancers and criminals, who I definitly would put in an invasion catagory. They have no right to be here and and have not been invited.
    So what word would you use?

The **** stirring as you call it, is the result of years of neglect since Blair satarted the ball rolling. The Albanians (currently the highest foreign nationals in uk jails) Are the current opportunists, ****ing the broken legal system in this country. Which we cann thank the EU FOR.
    If this government had any bollox, it would sort that out.

So no, you're wrong mate. INVASION was not incorrect.

Just to help you, this is from 2 years ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...eekers-britain

Your bible, playing down the word "invasion" when it was missing a zero off the figure.
    Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)