+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

Encouraging signs but the hard luck tales along with the injuries are piling up. An all too familiar story with a predictable ending in May? Having just played and almost held our own against two teams that were in the Premiership last season we still came away with no points and words like plucky and unlucky are once again likely to be banded about. As always we'll dust ourselves down and see which of the walking wounded are available to put us through all this again on Tuesday night.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Encouraging signs but the hard luck tales along with the injuries are piling up. An all too familiar story with a predictable ending in May? Having just played and almost held our own against two teams that were in the Premiership last season we still came away with no points and words like plucky and unlucky are once again likely to be banded about. As always we'll dust ourselves down and see which of the walking wounded are available to put us through all this again on Tuesday night.

Thoughts?
    I thought we were excellent today, so many injuries and we have a favourite for promotion hanging on in the last minute, I think that was a penalty, hayden puts his hand on ogbenes back and leans on him, it was a soft one but so was the one for coventry. We are getting no decisions at all, said it before the officials favour the bigger clubs in this league more than any other, and it is because it is the gateway into the premier league. In three of the last four games the officials have cost us potentially 4 points, now we have to go to sheff United and I think that is a lot harder game than any of the last 5 we have had. lets hope we are outside the bottom 3 this time next week and then at least we have a break and a chance to get players fit and ready for the xmas games of which we have to get at least 4 points from before the transfer window opens, we are crying out for some fresh legs. Signing players at the end of January will be too late, the club need players lined up for early January. I like the formation, it means we play more football in the middle of the park, we create chances, against weaker teams I think we would have got some points playing this way.

Great game but there seems to be some sort of jinx on us. The referees give us nothing and once again we were playing against twelve men. The injuries are piling up now and if this carries on we'll be in trouble. On to our neighbours at Bramall Lane now on Tuesday and I'm not expecting to get anything there after seeing them trounce Burnley earlier in the day. We don't seem to get any luck going for us anymore. We've got a great team/squad here and the management team have got them playing some great football.

There no squad in depth

The first team bar 1 or 2 exceptions picks itself week in week out

That's not a good thing.

We played really well today. Can’t fault anyone. Real shame we lost both Washington and Kelly. Lets hope neither are badly injured. I just hope we can pick up points playing like this when we start playing teams lower down the league. One player I want to pick out is Lindsay. First 90 mins since the start of the season when Warney dropped him for Rathbone. So pleased he got a chance and took it.

Watched the game on ifollow today as unwell.
    I thought we played some lovely 1 touch football, we tried to move it quickly and Cuffy had Aaron's on toast at times.
    The midfield were immense to a man.
    A mistake cost us their 2nd goal. Viktor did really well to save the initial shot, Hall should have dealt with the rebound better but could only divert the ball into their player for a tap in.
    Their fullback who was only booked once should have been sent off, he committed at least 2 bookable offences most notably the rugby tackle on Chieo that he got away with, maybe the ref thought that he's not allowed to go back and book him when he's let play continue. The foul on Chieo looked a pen to me and I'm positive if it had been Pukki going down under a similar challenge he would have pointed to the spot.
    The players worked their socks off and deserved something from that.
    Dust off and regroup for Tuesday.
    UTM!

The lack of left sided players really showed today.

Wood showed his age today against the faster players.

Three at the back doesn't really work for us

Eaves, well, is just a no

Shocking officiating today, again.

Good formation today, shame about the injuries, but we are passing it around much better now.

I disagree about the ref, said after about 30 minutes he's letting things flow, not getting conned by their dives. The challenge on Hall, however, was totally reckless, thought a yellow card would have been lucky for their player.

I don't think Oggie necessarily was diving, he felt a hand on his shoulder, but for me, never a penalty.

We are going to struggle next week if Eaves is our only recognised striker. The good news is Oggie is looking fit and sharp.

Impressed with Peltier's appearance also today, got forward well at times.

Rathy probably gets MoM for his all-round play and goal, but mention also for Harding who was very steady.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The lack of left sided players really showed today.

Wood showed his age today against the faster players.

Three at the back doesn't really work for us

Eaves, well, is just a no

Agree. Wide left didn't work. I still stand by what I said Chieo would have been better there. We need a forward better than we have. We are too old at the back but we look worse cause we let sides run at us. Can't fault effort again. I've seen better Norwich sides but we couldn't break them down.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast